Hey hello everyone, i wanted to ask something about this 25W valve amp. What do you think about it? I know it's great for recording covers and stuff, but I don't know if it would be a good live amp...is it powerful enough? I mean, it's not like it's a cheap amp...they say it's a professional amp...what do you guys believe? Thanks in advance.
It is a cool little amp and it deff sounds good, but if your going to spend the money get a used Single recto/Rectoverb. These will deff work live. The mini Recto maybe plenty loud for what you need, but I would get the 50 watter just for the clean headroom.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A 25w Mesa is plenty loud enough for 99.9% of live guitar work. If they mic the drums, mic the amp. Is it a great value for the $$? Mesa never gives away their amps cheap but few who own them are disappointed.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Thanks for the answers guys. I thing i'm gonna go with it...if eventually it'll not be loud enough, i'll just put an sm57 on that bad boy, and it's done for live shows i think
semi-hijack, but I'm looking at the mini and also the rectoverb 25. The single button footswitch (channel 1/2) on both of them is a bit of a letdown. You can't turn on/off the effects loop, and on the rectoverb you can't turn on/off the reverb (plus the knobs for that are in the back). Feature creep pushes me to the dual rectifier and then may as well get the roadster for an extra $300 or so.

If you don't need the high gain of the rectifier, you could try the 5:50 express plus, which gets you footswitchable reverb, slider-EQ, and solo boost (but no effects loop button).
Last edited by black_box at Jul 6, 2014,
It'll be loud enough, just don't expect to get any good cleans out of it live.

I really liked the mini recto and was pleasantly surprised with it. Only issue I have is, for the price of it, new or used, you could easily find a used 2 channel Dual Recto for the same price
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah but the dual rectifier is for 3000 bucks head only, i can't afford that right now....it something like a 1400 bucks gap you know....it's too much D:
How are used prices though? At least in the US you can get used Rectifiers much cheaper than a new Mini, but that also has to do with the fact that we have a large supply of them.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
How are used prices though? At least in the US you can get used Rectifiers much cheaper than a new Mini, but that also has to do with the fact that we have a large supply of them.

Unfortunately, I live in Italy...pretty much in the whole Europe the prices are awefully high...a mini is what i can afford right now
I understand, I know Europe has it rough on the Mesa prices.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by diabolical
In my opinion definitely worth it. Don't make the low wattage fool you - it can get loud!

Yes I heard it in many reviews...they say it's really good for both recording and live session. I think that, in the end, i'll go with it.
Quote by Ippon
Pics! Or, it's an Infinium.

Haha it'll take a bit of time to arrive here! Be patient
Quote by ambler3
You'll probably enjoy the lightness of it too. Having never touched a dual rec in person, they seem like damn heavy amp heads, and the mini looks considerably smaller

I have the Dual Rec Roadster 2x12 combo. Heavy as ****, course work in rock yards and shit growing up and its not that bad. I did buy a hand cart for $15 to help out for shows that have a long walk or when I want to be lazy.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Yep, another reason why i went with the mini. The dual seemed awfully big and heavy...I needed something more comfortable to take around
Happy New Amp Day*!

*Happiness based upon tentative fulfillment of contract obligations from supplier party as delivery of stated Rock and Roll machine. Results may vary.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
It's really not that bad to lug around. If you were in the US, I would strongly advise a different Mesa, but seeing as you are in Italy, I'm sure the mini rec would be best. I would look around for a rectoverb or tremoverb used first. Otherwise, I don't think you will be disappointed with the mini rec and I'm sure it will do fine live especially if you don't need clean cleans. If a bit of grit is ok you should be fine, or if your drummer isn't heavy handed you could probably do fine without some grit on the cleans. You should also look around for a DC or F series Mesa. You might get lucky on the used market.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Actually, even though I am biased towards Mesa, living on the other side of the pond you may have access to some other amps in your price range that will do the sounds you want. Have you looked around for some amps locally that will do what you want. You could even tell us the tones you are looking for because there may be better options for you.

Edit: BTW, I have had about a liter of bourbon right now so you may have already answered my questions but I would hate to see you buy the Mesa and deal with the price increase if there was a better option. But there may not be a better option for you so either way you come out better.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Last edited by bluestratplayer at Jul 7, 2014,
Quote by giorgiobbianc
Yep, another reason why i went with the mini. The dual seemed awfully big and heavy...I needed something more comfortable to take around
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

THIS. As I said earlier, I purchases one earlier, because either I am lazy OR I don't feel like dealing with the long journey from where I am and the stage. Most of the time I just carry the amp, but, there are a lot of times where a dolly makes more sense.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by giorgiobbianc
I think' I'll just do fine with the mini. BTW yeah, the yellow cart could be a way

However, they keep saying mesa is just the best for rock and metal stuff...i mostly play Dream Theater, Symphony X, Megadeth, Metallica and stuff like that so i think the sound is the best with mesa ones. I managed to try out a dual rectifier a year or so ago and i liked it a lot. I think the mini one will be great anyway
My amp weighs 90lb and is awkward to carry. I don't carry it anywhere. I load it onto the trolley and wheel it. Mine isn't a stairwalker like the one above, I went for the big wheel option instead. I find that more versatile. The wheels are big enough to go up most stairs fairly easily, not as easily as a stairwalker obviously, but good enough that the advantage over rough terrain outweighs that factor.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The mini recto will get PLENTY loud...the biggest aspect in your purchase decision will probably be if the size of your rig affects your ability to play out.

IE can you only take public transit to your gigs? Then it's perfect.

Otherwise +1 on MatrixClaw's suggestion that you could easily find a used 2 channel Dual Recto for the same price