Hello!

I play mostly trashmetal(metallica, slayer), death(death, carcass), and in a last time melodeath(in flames, kalamah,at the gates, children of bodom), and some others.
So, in last time I mostly paly melodic-death metal, and I really like the sound on in flames's first 3-4 albums.
I know a lot of melodeath guitarist use EMG's...the SD blackouts are good too for this kind of music?
And generally which guitar would be youre choice?
The Blackjack because Les Paul bodies look uncomfortable to me.

You can't go wrong with either.

My Loomis has Blackouts. I think it nails a melodeath tone with my 5150 easily.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Last edited by lemurflames at Jul 6, 2014,
ESP EC 1000!!!!!!! Ive had the guitar for a bit over a year, and its my main stage guitar (Over a damn fine DBZ and a bunch of others). It is a bit uncomfortable sitting down, but once you get used to that, the tone from that thing is unbeatable. The emgs in it are great (I LOVE the 60 in the neck) and just overall, i couldnt ask for much more in a guitar.
I would go with the EC-1000, but that is just personal preference. Schecter makes great guitars and every comparison video I have seen between the 81 and the Blackouts sound pretty close. If you can, go to your local shop and try them both out because in the end it might come down to a decision based on feel rather than sound.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by lepermessiah22 at Jul 6, 2014,
Quote by lemurflames

My Loomis has Blackouts. I think it nails a melodeath tone with my 5150 easily.

Is there anything that doesn't nail melodeath tone with a 5150?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
You can’t go wrong either way. That said, it would behoove you to try both guitars in a store if possible.
Quote by lemurflames

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Just me thinking the tuning is going from E standard to Drop A?

Id grab 2 guitars, But the LTD MHNT series takes my vote.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The Schecter is gonna play very well, and those Blackjack ATXs are sexy as hell, but I'm personally not a fan of the Blackouts. So, I would go with one of the other Schecters with that shape. The Hellraiser, with EMGs, or the Blackjack SLS, with passive SDs. The SLS also has a super sweet extra thin neck, with satin finish. Feels awesome.
Quote by Carrot
Just me thinking the tuning is going from E standard to Drop A?

Id grab 2 guitars,

yeah that's a big jump there. those strings are going to either feel like rubber bands in drop A or like telegraph wires in E. Even compromising and going in the middle with the gauge is liable to just end up with neither tuning feeling great.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah that's a big jump there. those strings are going to either feel like rubber bands in drop A or like telegraph wires in E. Even compromising and going in the middle with the gauge is liable to just end up with neither tuning feeling great.

I remember going from E to drop A on an old epi special LP i had years ago. God i put that guitar through some abuse. Broke the neck in the end going from the two extreme tunings..
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?