Hi all,

I found these old speakers in my basement. They are Philips magnavox, but I'm having trouble finding the exact model to see if they're any good or if there's anything I can learn about them.

If they are decent speakers, I would love to use them as studio monitors for recording.

If that is the case, could anybody recommend to me the best way to power them? They do not have jacks or anything, just the red and black wires coming out. I have no idea what the wattage on them is.

Thanks!

EDIT: FYI- image quality was degraded in upload. If you cant read the back it says,

"Speaker system
FB386 PM
3139 118 76370
Impedance 6 ohm
Serial No: E9902907"
Attachments:
Front.jpg
Back.jpg
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Last edited by Watterboy at Jul 6, 2014,
Is there a model number on the sticker on the back? If so, google it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I figured that was case..

What would be a good product to power them with thats nice and cheap and easy to hook them up to. Just to put them to use for something like home listening
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Just check ebay for a hifi amplifier and watch for a while. Hifi amps go for a song, used. I picked up a brutal old Kenwood for $70 not long ago. One from the era when they were just experimenting with the surround sound idea. That doesn't work very well but all that crap can be bypassed, giving me a straight stereo amp. It's a beast, I keep blowing speakers because it is so powerful. Done two 100W drivers now. I need to go bigger. $70!
Ebay is your friend.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100