Hello,

I have been looking into buying a higher-end electric guitar after playing a classical

guitar on and off for several years. I got a boxer's fracture in my fretting hand a couple

of years ago and my question is: does anyone know any advanced exercises or songs to

test whether your fretting hand will work as well as anyone else's? My playing seems to

not be limited by the fracture, but I would like to test myself to see if I can play the most

difficult things possible before spending a lot on a new guitar.

Thank you in advance.
Quote by wherewulfe
Hello,

I have been looking into buying a higher-end electric guitar after playing a classical guitar on and off for several years. I got a boxer's fracture in my fretting hand a couple of years ago and my question is: does anyone know any advanced exercises or songs to test whether your fretting hand will work as well as anyone else's? My playing seems to not be limited by the fracture, but I would like to test myself to see if I can play the most difficult things possible before spending a lot on a new guitar.

Thank you in advance.

The easiest way would be to go in to a guitar shop and try it out, see how it goes. That said... nothing's going to be able to tell you if you'll eventually be able to play the 'most difficult things possible' right now. It just can't be done by any method I know of.

However, please don't force line breaks in your posts, that was quite hard for me to read as it is.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.