Song 7
4 21%
Song 8
3 16%
Voters: 19.
Hellorooney

Today, I have a thing to show you:

DAT DRIVER'S LICENSE

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Funkey" (nico_9550)

2 - "This Song" (chev311e)

3 - "No Problem" (whywefight, ehbacon)

4 - "Niche This" (Joshua1207)

5 - "Slumpbuster" (primusfan)

6 - "Have A Good Life" (SirZep)

7 - "The Spotlight" (sickman411, semiquaver)

8 - "Georgia's Song" (Skinny91)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song, from Skinny91, the song "English Rain", with 8 votes!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Friday. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
Dem traffic jamz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHuN5RqoDk

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32770903
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jul 7, 2014,
Paradoxically, everything was high quality and yet the choice was easy for me. As soon as I heard sickman/semiquaver's I knew it was getting my vote. Has a very late-80s Leonard Cohen vibe that I love. Love that it's in 3 as well. (Liked the way song #2 went from duple to triple meter as well). The last tune was very good too, but song 7 took the cake for me.

Good job to all and particularly to sickman/semiquaver.
#DTWD
I really don't know who to vote for. I'll probably listen to them all again tomorrow and decide.
Very good songs this week
slumpbuster because of the seemingly nonsensical lyrics, simplicity, and vocal melody.
Quote by primusfan
Paradoxically, everything was high quality and yet the choice was easy for me. As soon as I heard sickman/semiquaver's I knew it was getting my vote. Has a very late-80s Leonard Cohen vibe that I love. Love that it's in 3 as well. (Liked the way song #2 went from duple to triple meter as well). The last tune was very good too, but song 7 took the cake for me.

Good job to all and particularly to sickman/semiquaver.

Wow, thanks!
And yeah, shuffled 3/4 is a favourite of ours. This one's a bit different from our usual stuff, I guess. It started with semiquaver fooling around with MIDI stuff to practice MIDI part writing (it was all the stuff before the vocals start); it wasn't even supposed to be our song for the week at first, but then he showed it to me and we thought we'd develop it into a song.

I can't listen to the songs right now, but I'll do that later today.

Also, Mini, the ehbacon/whywefight collaboration has the wrong title in the OP. Silly Mini, just looking at the URLs.
Quote by sickman411
Also, Mini, the ehbacon/whywefight collaboration has the wrong title in the OP. Silly Mini, just looking at the URLs.

I'm busy and tired

Thanks for pointing it out!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jul 7, 2014,
I went with chevelles aswell, the production quality wasn't that great in the beginning lol but great song.

Edit: wait no that was just my computer acting wierd.
Last edited by ehbacon at Jul 7, 2014,
Quote by whywefight
Went with chevelles

Saw chevelle a few weeks ago BTW, they were great

Awesome! I gotta see them again, although I haven't listened to like their last two albums lol

And to bacon, I had a couple parts where I had to try and mix together so that may be some of the reason. I sometimes record in different environments too so there is different background noise to each layer.
Me either besides some of the singles lol

But the new stuff they played at least sounded good live

And they played still running and forfeit so I'm happy
Can't do a full write up on everyone this week cause I'm working 14 hour days petty much until the voting is over, but great stuff all round this week on a quick listen. I went with 'This Song' in the end.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I probably will record something for next week

Edit: oh wow that was vague. I mean I'll probably record a song for next week so I can't collab
Last edited by whywefight at Jul 8, 2014,
I haven't had a chance to hear the songs yet; I'll probably do so after the WC game. Also, semiquaver and I have started a song for next week already so no collab, sorry.

(giving this a little bump too, a few hours from the poll closing)
Funkey - Nice groove. Wasn't expecting the full instrumentation to come on, or the rockier bit; they were nice surprises and kept the song interesting, while the main riff is catchy and, well, funky.

This Song - Love the intro, great atmosphere, and liked the way it changes before the vocals come on (refer to primusfan's comment). I'm a fan of the song structure and how the different sections all come together: the instrumental breaks, the chorus that seems to come as an extention of the verse at first, the rhythm change in the bridge.

No Problem - Very acoustic Alice in Chains-y. Great feel on the rhythm guitars. Nice work with the vocals staying interesting over a near-constant backing in the main verse section, and then in the harmonised vocals bit, the fact that it's just got a little twist in the chord progression that still leads into the main one. If you get what I mean.

Niche This - It's a bit of your usual style but with added franticness and crazyness. I really like the "uneasy" dissonant feel of the whole song. Maybe just a little bit too short.

Slumpbuster - Nice style, unusual for the typical songwriting game songs. I like that V(?) chord in anticipation of the i when the verse repeats. Catchy chorus. Strange and funny theme to the lyrics; I like the last line in the chorus.

Have a Good Life - Very laid back, the simple strumming pattern works well with the vocals and the synthy stuff. Love that falsetto too. Then that weird bit in the middle turned out great, and that transition to a more dynamic version of chorus was unexpected and it ended the song nicely.

Georgia's Song - The simplicity makes it. I like how it subtly becomes fuller and more solid throughout, and then the last bit takes on a "stronger" chord progression and melody.

I'm voting for ehbacon and whywefight.
EDIT: 8 minutes before the poll closed
Last edited by sickman411 at Jul 9, 2014,