I am looking for a new guitar and not sure which i should get or try -I was looking at the PRS S2 Custom 24 - Looks nice but not to sure about them pick ups , I play
mostly Rock and metal and £ 1500.00p is my price range. so if Anyone can recommend a Guitar in the UK to help me out let us know about it?
First of all, the PRS S2 Custom 24 is a well-made guitar with a solid rep- could so a lot worse! I'd say its pickups are capable of playing metal, but are probably voiced more for just rock.

Second, with a £1500 budget, you've a world of options. You're right at the cusp of being able to afford something from a UK luthier. In fact, if you look at a few luthier websites and check their "for sale" sections, you might find something you CAN buy- I recently found an £1800 guitar a luthier was selling for £500 because the person who commissioned it couldn't pay off the balance. Another was reselling one of his older guitar someone had sold back to him for about half price.

Can you tell us more about what you want to play; what kind of tones you're hunting for?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
First of all, the PRS S2 Custom 24 is a well-made guitar with a solid rep- could so a lot worse! I'd say its pickups are capable of playing metal, but are probably voiced more for just rock.

Second, with a £1500 budget, you've a world of options. You're right at the cusp of being able to afford something from a UK luthier. In fact, if you look at a few luthier websites and check their "for sale" sections, you might find something you CAN buy- I recently found an £1800 guitar a luthier was selling for £500 because the person who commissioned it couldn't pay off the balance. Another was reselling one of his older guitar someone had sold back to him for about half price.

Can you tell us more about what you want to play; what kind of tones you're hunting for?
Hi!
I do play a lot of different types of music from Guns and roses , Europe, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, green day. I like to shred I play lead and rhythm guitar.
Well, the PRS can handle all of that pretty damn easily!

And if it isn't to your liking, swap the pickups!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

How flexible is your budget? I haven't tried the new S2s, they may well be amazing, but purists might not consider them to be "real" PRSes. That doesn't matter if you like it, but if you ever come to sell it, that may well affect resale value. If you keep an eye out you can normally pick up a "real" PRS for around £1800 with a bit of luck, new (or at least new old stock), if you're easy on the exact spec and colour. Maybe you're already stretching to get to £1500, but if you're not another couple of hundred quid (20%) is maybe not that much to get something perfect.

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/prs-dgt-standard-faded-cherry-with-birds.htm

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/prs-dgt-standard-natural-with-moons-.htm

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/prs-dgt-standard-seafoam-green-with-moons-.htm

Ok so they're not customs, but they are "real" PRSes. Miras and the like can often be got for even less. (I should add, I haven't tried those models nor have I bought from Peach before so that's not a recommendation.)

I also agree with what danny's saying- at £1500 you have a shedload of options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Probably some good MiJ options to be had from ESP, Fernandes, Ibanez, etc. In that budget.

Shedload of good options. I've seen some decent prices on suhrs recently (under £1500 I think), you can get the cheaper vigiers for less than that normally, sometimes jackson USAs too, ESP, Ibanez Prestige, Gibson USA, Fender USA, etc. etc. etc.

Not saying he has to go with them, if he has his heart set on a PRS that's totally his prerogative. But if he just wants a good guitar... there's a lot of choice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah. G&Ls tend to be pretty dear here but the cheaper ones should be under budget too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?