So i'm stepping up in the world and getting something a bit nicer than my squier strat. I've looked at a few of the mid range fenders, but there are alot of other brands im willing to try. I play Grunge, Rock, and Alternative and have about 600 Dollars. Any Suggestions, I'm looking for versatile tone, with nice cleans but can handle distortions.
"Everyone should embrace their inner old-man."

"Steven Seagal is to Shakespeare as mozzarella sticks are to side orders"

Pissing off people since 2012
I think a guitar is a very personal thing. It's not like buying a laptop or anything like that, so really the only thing I think anyone can do is try a lot of guitars, and play a lot of guitars and find the ones you like.

People will have a lot of knowledge about guitars as well, so once you've found some you really like, then you could start talking about those, and people might have suggestions. Try more expensive ones as well, you never know, some people might know of a good cheaper alternative that is very much like those models you like.

It depends what sort of distortion you want as well. I think for that, it is good to look at the kinds of music you like, and the kind of guitar sounds you want to be able to get, and and look at what those guys are playing.
Thanks, i've been looking at the modern player tele alot.
"Everyone should embrace their inner old-man."

"Steven Seagal is to Shakespeare as mozzarella sticks are to side orders"

Pissing off people since 2012
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 7, 2014,
Sounds like you're looking for single coil guitars? Have a look at Jaguars. I personally like them a lot despite some people not liking its bridge. I think their distorted sound actually fits grunge and alternative quite nicely but that's just my opinion. Although it doesn't quite have the bite that Strats and Teles have.