So my cousins were visiting Nashville this weekend and I took them to Third Man Records, which most of you are probably familiar with. In the corner of the shop is a refurbished 1947 record booth where you sing into a funky mic and it's recorded straight to a 6" record. I think Neil Young did a whole record in there recently, he and Jack White were on Fallon discussing it a few weeks ago.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I decided to take one of our new songs for a spin in the booth, with about 30 tourists watching us and taking pictures haha

Here's the result (recorded direct from my hi-fi preamp through my apogee into ableton):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqKFZsD22Q0

So we wouldn't get cut off, we removed the bridge and looped the final chorus until time ran out. Pretty happy with the result!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Never heard of the place (maybe it's more of an American thing) but that's a pretty interesting and cool idea, and seems to give a unique and retro vibe to things. Obviously some of it reminds me of the stuff I dislike about old vinyl recordings (pitch shakiness with speed fluctuations, distortion etc.) but overall pretty 'fun' sounding day out, and it's awesome your gf has an interest in that stuff too!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Awesome. Love Jack White and Third Man Records... Would love to record a track in that booth.

Your song sounds nice by the way.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Never heard of the place (maybe it's more of an American thing) but that's a pretty interesting and cool idea, and seems to give a unique and retro vibe to things. Obviously some of it reminds me of the stuff I dislike about old vinyl recordings (pitch shakiness with speed fluctuations, distortion etc.) but overall pretty 'fun' sounding day out, and it's awesome your gf has an interest in that stuff too!

Little more than an interest, she's a singer/songwriter/guitar/keyboard player, we have a band and play regularly

Third Man is Jack White's record label, I've found they have a lot of overseas interest, but maybe many people over there don't know about the record store (which is in the same building as their label operations etc.)

Pretty sure a bit of the pitch shakiness is the guitar literally falling out of tune as the song progressed, it had brand new strings! It added to the overall effect, though haha
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Ah fair enough, I didn't wanna suggest the guitar was out in case you thought I was implying you can't tune a guitar properly And that's cool, maybe it is better known over here but I don't really listen to that sort of stuff too much and I'm more into the heavier side of recording stuff so know more about producers and studios aimed at the metal side of things

My gf is interested in my band, and wants me to teach her to play guitar eventually (she wants my purple guitar I currently use as a backup, too haha) but the closest she comes to recording is knowing the name of some of my gear, and when she wants to annoy me she likes to imitate a click track
Hey, look. Sigs are back.