I'm probably going to get a Squire Jaguar soon. The dual circuit thing has always appealed to me, and I love the neck. Problem is I hate the bridge, vibrato and pickups. The first two can be fixed easily enough, but the pickups are a different story.

I really don't like the tone of single coils. Humbuckers are much more my thing. Beyond that, I don't like conventional polepieces, even on humbuckers. When I bend a string, the damn thing gets quiet, then loud again. Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio both make a variety of humbucking dual rail pickups for Stratocasters. Has anyone fitted these to a Jaguar?

Then there is the question of which pickup. My target sound is a bass-heavy blues rock, with tube and speaker distortion eventually. Guitar will spend most of its time in all fourths, with occasional ventures into drop D and perhaps open D if it will hold the lower tension. From reading the manufacturer's websites, it seems that I have six options. From Seymour Duncan, the SHR-1 and SVR-1 seem appropriate. DiMarzio's Super Distortion, Tone Zone, BC-1 and BC-2 also look good. Any advice?
I can't help with the pickups, but just a question before you decide you hate the bridge/vibrato combination: Have you tried it with heavy strings (11s or up?) Because it was designed for heavier strings and doesn't really work with lighter ones.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Haven't purchased it yet. I'm planning on dropping in a Mustang bridge and either blocking off the vibrato or just removing the arm. My normal strings are D'Addario EXL110W tens, but I'll be trying some EXL115W elevens as well.
Fair enough. It's just that those things were designed before light strings were common and they don't have enough downward force to really function properly on 10s. Obviously since it'll be your guitar you're welcome to block it off straight away but speaking as someone who also plans on getting one I think it'd be worth trying with heavier strings. These two articles are relevant and quite informative. The other two articles in the series are also interesting but less important if you plan on switching out pickups. Ultimately the Jaguar's stock sound isn't everyone's cup of tea. Good luck
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
In addition to what K33nbl4d3 said, if you dislike all of that about a jaguar, is it wise getting one? It might be easier to get something with a similar neck profile in a different style of guitar than to deal with all those problems.

Unless by "like the neck", you mean the very short scale length. In that case that might complicate things.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes, the very short scale length is one of several things I like about the neck.
I thought that was probably what you meant. Carry on.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Has anyone actually fitted a Strat replacement pickup to a Jaguar? Does it drop in or do you have to modify the pickguard and wiring?