Hi UG, I was wondering today while practicing some sweep arpeggios for this song I want to cover. How do players sweeping techniques differ. So lets hear it, please try explain your sweeping technique in detail below.

On the downward sweep I mute with the side of my thumb, the end of the crease on the left of my thumb at the joint is where I touch the strings. On the high E string I have seen many people do a quick triplet with their picking hand but I just pick once and do a hammer-on/Pull-off. When back on the B string I mute the high E with either my left index or middle finger (probably both) and then for the rest of the upward sweep I mute with the tip of my ring finger on my picking hand.

Hope that makes sense, so how do you do it?
Typically left hand over right, forward motion and if I'm feeling saucy I give the broom a little bump on the ground to dislodge excess dust before bringing it back and repeating.

Oh wait... nevermind.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
^ yay

I was gonna say i prefer a vacuum cleaner. less effort.

seriously though i just kind of "lean into it" both ways with the pick. I'm no great shakes at sweep picking, though, it must be said.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 7, 2014,
Quote by Victorgeiger
Lol that Yngwie video made me hate myself just a little bit

IKR. The only consolation I can give to myself is "at least I can speak English better than that Swede!"
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
I would also recommend Frank Gambale's sweeping (picking) technique. I've used it myself for a number of years and I would say the main advantage of it is that you can incorporate it into your normal picking technique so that you don't have to through some exaggerated hand movement when you want to sweep i.e. it's not a separate technique.

Here's Frank explaining the technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZJRZE6M_Y-M