Well I don't even have a name for this song yet, but I figured I would throw this here and see what you guys thought of it. I was going for a somewhat heavy song, but with a twist having a nice sounding chorus that goes straight back into heaviness. It was an interesting experiment. Anyways check it out and tell me what you think, and I will glady C4C

https://soundcloud.com/profound-obscurity/its-a-new-one-or-something

I actually have someone working on vocals right now, which is pretty exciting! It's been a while since he said he would give it a try, but it took me maybe two days to write, record and mix this song so I got a little impatient and decided to upload it here. I will post the vocals version once I get it soon :P
Awesome riffage there man, I really dig the tones! The chorus is very nice, very periphery-esque chords

My one criticism would be in the clean bridge, it seems a bit too far forward in the mix for my tastes, i'd lower the volume just a touch and cut some bass frequencies to make it a bit glassier, apart from that it's a well balanced mix

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1649335
ridiculous!! great production. Love the mix. Would love basic pointers on how you recorded/mixed. Solid sound, good job!! would love to get something like this.
Quote by pushingthrough
ridiculous!! great production. Love the mix. Would love basic pointers on how you recorded/mixed. Solid sound, good job!! would love to get something like this.

Well I used Reaper to record and mix everything, used a line 6 toneport ux1 to record the guitars and used ezdrummer for the drums. I honestly don't like to throw on a bunch of compressors and eq the hell out of things. The most I do with eq's is cutting out the super low bass and super highs for the guitar. If the lead guitar needs it I also lower the harshest areas to minimize the ear piercing when the lead hits certain notes. For me that's around 2.9k but it varies for different tones and setups. The thing about eq's and stuff like that is if what you have already sounds super bad, you really can't help it much by throwing a bunch of eq's on. So try to get it to sound as good as you can before diving to far into mixing the hell out of your music.

Anyways I'm not a very good music producer and an even worse teacher. I would recommend looking up tutorials online, I learned quite a bit from youtube videos but I also learned a lot by diving in myself experimenting. Thanks for the listen!