I'm still on the search for a good dist and od, im trying to get my lead to sound like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0nMu8nrFE8
the genre is kinda like post-hardcore/alternative

My current amp is a blackstar ht-5 and guitar is a fender teledeluxe and epiphone flying v

I've looked into the lovepedal kalamazoo, proco rat, mesa flux drive, and a fulltone ocd.

Budget $300 for both pedals!

The drive on the blackstar is too marshall/british so yeah
Last edited by rushingaway at Jul 8, 2014,
What kind of budget have you got. Are you wanting either pedal or both?

Also, brace yourself for a tonne of "what you really need is a new amp" comments
Quote by LivinJoke84
What kind of budget have you got. Are you wanting either pedal or both?

Also, brace yourself for a tonne of "what you really need is a new amp" comments

300 for both! and i don't know what to do if I get the "amp" thing again i already did that hahah
You could look into a Dr Scientist: The Elements pedal which will is a clean boost/EQ/overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedal. Youd be able to get a used one for well under $300 i would have thought.

Or are you really wanting 2 pedals so you can stack em?
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Jul 8, 2014,
Quote by LivinJoke84
You could look into a Dr Scientist: The Elements pedal which will is a clean boost/EQ/overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedal. Youd be able to get a used one for well under $300 i would have thought.

Or are you really wanting 2 pedals so you can stack em?

yeah i'd stack them, od for leads and to cut through the mix dist for rhythm and stuff
Just had a look on eBay. You can get an Elements pedal for just over $200 so get that for your main dirt and then just get something like a TC Spark Mini or Digitech Bad Monkey (TS clone) or a Boss SD-1 or either the EHX East River Drive or Soul Food for your solo boost. They should be in the $50-$90 range (used)

OR

You could sell your Blackstar and add the proceeds of sale to your $300 meaning youd have $550-$600 to spend on a new amp......

What other pedals do you currently have?
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Jul 8, 2014,
Quote by LivinJoke84
Just had a look on eBay. You can get an Elements pedal for just over $200 so get that for your main dirt and then just get something like a TC Spark Mini or Digitech Bad Monkey (TS clone) or a Boss SD-1 or either the EHX East River Drive or Soul Food for your solo boost. They should be in the $50-$90 range (used)

OR

You could sell your Blackstar and add the proceeds of sale to your $300 meaning youd have $550-$600 to spend on a new amp......

What other pedals do you currently have?

i ordered a nux time force delay and zoom cdr. i'm just waiting for it now and if i sold the blackstar what amp should i get? mesa boogies here (philippines) are more expensive than they should be
Quote by rushingaway
(...) if i sold the blackstar what amp should i get? mesa boogies here (philippines) are more expensive than they should be

Peavey 6505+ 112 combo.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo.

Not the best choice for what he's looking for. It's way too dark.
It sounds like you want a marshall type amp. You shoiild be able to snag a used dsl combo for under $500

I run distorion pedals into an amp due to the fact I have only a clean channel. so Id recomend a turbo rat and a muff type pedal. I can get almost anything I want from those two pedals in terms of tone just by messing with my volume knob. As for an od I say granb an ocd.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by MadZorm
Not the best choice for what he's looking for. It's way too dark.

He mentioned post-hardcore, and the 6505+ is a very common choice among post-hardcore bands.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
He mentioned post-hardcore, and the 6505+ is a very common choice among post-hardcore bands.

Sorry i dont mean really mean post-hardcore i dont know how to describe my american heart or how their genre is
No I have not.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!