So i've found some cheap processors and i'm wondering which one is the best.
They are : zoom g1n, vox stomplab 2g and korg pandora mini. They all have advantages and disadvantages, but korg seems to have most functions. Which one do you think is the best? Maybe you know something better for the price?
Quote by fly135
Zoom gxon

Why? I haven't even found where to buy it.
Ever try Google? It's the latest and cheapest Zoom. Fits in the category as the ones you posted and has more features than any of them.
The Vox looks like it may be the most durable of the 3 but I'd be a lil worried none of them would work very long if you're actually using them. I'd get one of those Zoom Multistomps before any of those. I've never tried any of those on your list but they look like they're built pretty cheap.

If you can save up a lil more or find one used the Zoom G3 is an excellent, feature laden, practice tool. Or if you want better sound, less features, the line 6 m5
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by fly135
Ever try Google? It's the latest and cheapest Zoom. Fits in the category as the ones you posted and has more features than any of them.

Well the specs are not bad but the zoom g1xon ,just like pandora mini, isn't available in my country I THINK ,because i searched all the music shops and still couldn't find them.

Btw, here's a link the shop with the processors http://www.muzikosfaktorius.com/?lng=lt&cur=ltl&m=2&s=41&b=46 i'm willing to pay maximum 300lt. There's only a few processors but i don't know where else i could buy one. Still pandora mini looks amazing for me.... I searched for used processors and found like 2-3 shitty digitechs.
Last edited by vaidasx at Jul 8, 2014,
There's nothing wrong with the Pandora, it's a great little practice tool if you just want to play through headphones. If you're considering that, I assume that is all you're interested in. I'd recommend it for that, but nothing more.

Unfortunately, once you outgrow the need to practice quietly and want some effects to use with an amp you'll need to shop again and spend more money - the old rule of "Buy cheap, buy twice" applies here.

Personally I'd avoid the Vox, it's pretty poor.

Same goes for the older Zoom models, they were cheaply built with poor quality effects. Zoom's more recent products, like the G3, G1xon and MS50g are made to a much higher quality and also have much better effects engines.

If you can find the newer Zoom models, it will definitely be worth the investment. They will sound better than the Korg whilst you're learning and need to practice silently through headphones, but they're also good enough that they will continue to serve you well once you have developed your skills and have invested in an amp to play through as well. My G3 is a vital part of the pedalboard I use for gigging - that's how good it is.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Jul 8, 2014,
Quote by vaidasx
Btw, here's a link the shop with the processors http://www.muzikosfaktorius.com/?lng=lt&cur=ltl&m=2&s=41&b=46 i'm willing to pay maximum 300lt. There's only a few processors but i don't know where else i could buy one. Still pandora mini looks amazing for me.... I searched for used processors and found like 2-3 shitty digitechs.
After looking at that site the Vox StompLab 2G would be my choice. The advantage to the Pandora is drums and size. I have a Pandora PX4D and would *not* rate the FX very highly.
Quote by GaryBillington
There's nothing wrong with the Pandora, it's a great little practice tool if you just want to play through headphones. If you're considering that, I assume that is all you're interested in. I'd recommend it for that, but nothing more.

Unfortunately, once you outgrow the need to practice quietly and want some effects to use with an amp you'll need to shop again and spend more money - the old rule of "Buy cheap, buy twice" applies here.

Personally I'd avoid the Vox, it's pretty poor.

Same goes for the older Zoom models, they were cheaply built with poor quality effects. Zoom's more recent products, like the G3, G1xon and MS50g are made to a much higher quality and also have much better effects engines.

If you can find the newer Zoom models, it will definitely be worth the investment. They will sound better than the Korg whilst you're learning and need to practice silently through headphones, but they're also good enough that they will continue to serve you well once you have developed your skills and have invested in an amp to play through as well. My G3 is a vital part of the pedalboard I use for gigging - that's how good it is.

lol i don't think i'm going to have a gig or some kind of performance (it's really not gonna happen ((( .) so i probably won't need to playing loudly or upgrade my laney lx20 amp (now i only use it with headphones). As for the zoom g3,g1xon,ms50g and other similiar processors, they are either not available in my country or their price is equal to a guitar i'd rather buy. The only options are the vox , zoom g1 or g1n, or a some kind of better used processor i could maybe find online and maybe get scammed oh and i could buy a good processor but delay the guitar upgrade even more.... my guitarist life sucks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Btw are there any pc pedal simulating programs worth a try?
I'm not sure why Gary and I differ on the opinion about the Vox. I haven't heard anything about that particular unit, but I have never heard of a Vox multifx owner that didn't like them. My buddy picked up a Vox Tonelab EX and it has some great tones in it. I realize it isn't a Tonelab, but I looked at all your options and the Vox is the only one I would take a risk on getting unless you wanted the Pandora for drums and small size. The rest were pretty much old and obsolete.
^You are not paying attention to his purchasing criteria. Check his link to the store. It's mostly ancient crap.
Where are you ts? You're seriously limited to one website for any and all guitar gear? If that's the case and I were in your shoes, I'd buy an acoustic.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by fly135
I'm not sure why Gary and I differ on the opinion about the Vox. I haven't heard anything about that particular unit, but I have never heard of a Vox multifx owner that didn't like them. My buddy picked up a Vox Tonelab EX and it has some great tones in it. I realize it isn't a Tonelab, but I looked at all your options and the Vox is the only one I would take a risk on getting unless you wanted the Pandora for drums and small size. The rest were pretty much old and obsolete.

We differ on opinions about it because they're opinions

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, I've never actually owned one, only tried one out in a shop a while back and rated it about as highly as my mate's old Zoom 505. That was enough for me to never want to own one!! I guess with tweaking it could sound better?

If the more recent Zoom models are definitely not an option and it boils down to an older Zoom, the Korg or the Vox, then I'd probably rate the Vox above the Zoom pedals for build quality if nothing else.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
what is your budget (USD would be most effective)?
where are you located (didn't remember behind your name)?
what genres do you play
what other gear do you have?
are you okay with headphones or near field monitors?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So, your budget is 300 LTL.
That's about 87€.

Contact Thomann, and get a Zoom G1Xon from them: link

The unit costs 66€, and the shipping costs to Lithuania probably will be around 20€ -- that fits your budget.

If you want to go even cheaper, get the Zoom G1on: link
It costs 48€, so with shipping would cost around 242 LTL.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jul 9, 2014,
I don't think this is going to help but :
What is your budget (USD would be most effective)? Around 120 max

where are you located (didn't remember behind your name)? Lithuania

what genres do you play? I play everything

what other gear do you have? No-brand strat and laney lx-20

are you okay with headphones or near field monitors? I mostly play with headphones.

As i said, there are almost none ''good'' processors in the price range available here.
Quote by vaidasx
As i said, there are almost none ''good'' processors in the price range available here.

I just gave you a good solution to get a brand-new mfx unit. Read my previous post.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
So, your budget is 300 LTL.
That's about 87€.

Contact Thomann, and get a Zoom G1Xon from them: link

The unit costs 66€, and the shipping costs to Lithuania probably will be around 20€ -- that fits your budget.

If you want to go even cheaper, get the Zoom G1on: link
It costs 48€, so with shipping would cost around 242 LTL.

That's actually not a bad idea. But daaaaamn 25eur for shipping, that's like my month savings xD
And i'm not really into buying from other countries because i don't have a credit card and from my last experiences the shipping is super long and sometimes the full package doesn't even get to me.
Anyways, i'm gonna go wander around the site for a little more, check the g1xon and g1on out on youtube,sort things out and maybe i'll try my luck.

EDIT: i just watched a couple of demos and the g1xon is amazing, ten times better than the shit in the shop i posted,definetely worth the expensive shipping
EDIT 2 : i sent the order to the shop but if the bank transfer will be as expensive as somebody told me...i'm out
Last edited by vaidasx at Jul 9, 2014,