Can anyone here recommend me any exceptional custom guitar luthiers? (Anywhere in Europe, for example).

I'm looking to get an 8 string guitar made with the true temperament tuning system.

Thanks.
don't have any experience in this field but there's a luthier close to mine that i use for set-ups and the such though i do know they make guitars from scratch and i know they do all the tech work for nearby music things and also the Liverpool Sound City festival i believe!

KGB Music

Headed by self-taught craftsman, Keith Bennion, KGB are true zealots when it comes to quality.
Every instrument we build is truly custom made while many firms offer only minor changes to a standard guitar.

Here at KGB we are also fully committed to providing a full professional repair service for the serious guitarist. With over 25 years of experience, working on some of the finest guitars around, you can be sure that your prize possession is in skilled and careful hands. You also have the added security of dealing with a member of the Guild of Master Craftsmen. We can also, if necessary, arrange for the collection and delivery of your guitar.

their website doesn't seem the most spectacular but i've seen their workshop and man is it a wonderful sight!!!!!!!!!!

edit: also i must add that if you phone them first before emailing to tell them what you want that may be easier, i don't think they check their emails regularly unless they're expecting something...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Last edited by Dempsey68 at Jul 8, 2014,
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Good luck finding anybody who will do tru temperment. Only a handful of builders in the world who will do that.

Luckily you can give the true temperament company (Sweden) any neck and they will do it for you. So, I guess that makes things easier for luthiers...
Quote by Metamorphoses
Luckily you can give the true temperament company (Sweden) any neck and they will do it for you. So, I guess that makes things easier for luthiers...

True Temperament has interested me for a while, I sent an email regarding costs but they haven't got back to me. They mention something about licencing too, not sure if that is an issue for luthiers using there system.

If there is no licencing issue I'm sure there are plenty of Luthiers out there who would be glad to help you out. I have been wanting to build a TT guitar and would love to add one to our range at some point.
Quote by Manton Customs
True Temperament has interested me for a while, I sent an email regarding costs but they haven't got back to me. They mention something about licencing too, not sure if that is an issue for luthiers using there system.

If there is no licencing issue I'm sure there are plenty of Luthiers out there who would be glad to help you out. I have been wanting to build a TT guitar and would love to add one to our range at some point.

Apparently the price for fretting just a neck w/o bindings is 7250 SEK (without tax, customs and shipping). And that answer didn't come very fast..