I haven't written in quite a while and just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or opinions on this song. I did my best to maintain smooth transitions/flow and avoid repetition but you can only do so much in this genre.

If you don't like the genre then don't listen. I am just interested in gathering the opinions of people that would potentially be interested in listening.

Thanks!

Edit: Updated files.
Attachments:
WIP.gp5
WIP.mid
Last edited by xDeV at Jul 9, 2014,
Quote by xDeV
If you don't like the genre then don't listen. I am just interested in gathering the opinions of people that would potentially be interested in listening.

Wow, faggot.
It doesn't really explore any ideas that that deathcore hasn't been exploring for years, but I feel like it actually has a lot of energy to it and a strong vocalist could really make this work. Kind of reminds of a band called This Or The Apocalypse where despite them really not offering anything new at all, they do well at those old ideas and have a lot of energy, so with a strong vocalist up front I still enjoy it quite a lot.
You worship your peers way too much. The best ideas come from outside the limitations you impose on yourself and confining it to just deathcore and having such a 'standard' sounding song and riff style is what kills it for most people listening to this piece.

Suggested listening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P4GsF1zdzM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZDg1Bnr6Wc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tOH4W9Lf98
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Honestly I understand that it's a restricted bit. I enjoy a variety of prog metal bands and they are certainly a better source of inspiration than your run-of-the-mill 'core band. I just got asked to write this style and wanted to see if it was a decent enough go at it. This was by no means an attempt to do something innovative and new. It was an attempt at being standard/normal with a focus on the potential of the music with vocals included. The vocalist is quite excellent by the way :P.

Honestly the biggest influence on this was Thy Art Is Murder and they haven't done anything new EVER, haha. I plan on this being a two-part and progressing into a more versatile sound though. Think along the lines of Northlane. I also dislike having to write bends into my compositions as I always spend too much time trying to get the exact sound I imagine down.

But thank you for the actual opinion(s?).
Last edited by xDeV at Jul 9, 2014,
If you have the time, can you listen to one of my bits, pls?
Attachments:
sunnychugalternate.gp5
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
If you have the time, can you listen to one of my bits, pls?

It's excellent. I will give it more of a critique when I get a bit more time.

Edit: I really don't have a whole lot to critique upon completion of the song. The sound is incredibly versatile and fun to listen to. Reminds me a lot of Animals As Leaders without as much aggression.
Last edited by xDeV at Jul 14, 2014,
I liked it.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by amonamarthmetal
I liked it.

That'll do donkey. Glad to hear at least someone liked it, lol.
Quote by xDeV
Honestly I understand that it's a restricted bit. I enjoy a variety of prog metal bands and they are certainly a better source of inspiration than your run-of-the-mill 'core band. I just got asked to write this style and wanted to see if it was a decent enough go at it. This was by no means an attempt to do something innovative and new. It was an attempt at being standard/normal with a focus on the potential of the music with vocals included.

Sounds legit man.

These forums aren't gonna be the place to get constructive criticism on a piece like this.

Keep doing your thing and see where your writing takes you.