Page 1 of 2
"Dearest Music Lovers, I have heard that Britney vocal link that everybody’s been discussing. It has been impossible not to as there have been many comments directing my attention to it. . I'd like to affirm that ANY singer when first at the mic at the start of a long session can make a multitude of vocalisations in order to get warmed up.
Warming up is essential if you’re a pro, as it is with a runner doing stretches, and it takes a while to do properly. I’ve heard all manner of sounds emitted during warmups. The point is that it is not supposed to be shared with millions of listeners.
A generous singer will put something down the mic to help the engineer get their systems warmed up and at the right level, maybe whilst having a cup of herb tea and checking through lyrics before the session really kicks off. It’s not expected to be a ‘take’.
I think that 99% of you reading this will totally understand.
Whomever put this on the internet must have done so in a spirit of unkindness, but it can in no way detract from the fact that Britney is and always will be beyond Stellar! She is magnificent! And that’s that.
Sincerely, William

That's from the actual producer of the song."
It's not like people were like "What a great vocal performance."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Thought it would have been worse actually.

Also, it might be a different take, but that's not warming up IYAM.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Jul 8, 2014,
who even cares

Quote by captaincrunk
"Dearest Music Lovers, I have heard that Britney vocal link that everybody’s been discussing. It has been impossible not to as there have been many comments directing my attention to it. . I'd like to affirm that ANY singer when first at the mic at the start of a long session can make a multitude of vocalisations in order to get warmed up.
Warming up is essential if you’re a pro, as it is with a runner doing stretches, and it takes a while to do properly. I’ve heard all manner of sounds emitted during warmups. The point is that it is not supposed to be shared with millions of listeners.
A generous singer will put something down the mic to help the engineer get their systems warmed up and at the right level, maybe whilst having a cup of herb tea and checking through lyrics before the session really kicks off. It’s not expected to be a ‘take’.
I think that 99% of you reading this will totally understand.
Whomever put this on the internet must have done so in a spirit of unkindness, but it can in no way detract from the fact that Britney is and always will be beyond Stellar! She is magnificent! And that’s that.
Sincerely, William

That's from the actual producer of the song."

Is he saying the leaked vocals were just a scratch take? Why would it not be deleted after the levels and shit are set? Questionable defense.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Weaponized
holy shit Im having de ja vu . We have had this thread before with similar responses right ?

banned
Quote by StewieSwan
Is he saying the leaked vocals were just a scratch take? Why would it not be deleted after the levels and shit are set? Questionable defense.

seems to be the case, but with modern storage being so massive why delete anything?

also a lot of people don't know how autotune works. it works better and sounds more interesting on intentionally flat and ugly vocals
Quote by captaincrunk
seems to be the case, but with modern storage being so massive why delete anything?

cuz it could get leaked&embarrass the singer
Guys I have a confession. I'm the one who leaked it. I am a leaker.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by captaincrunk
so your argument is that it's very unlikely that some guy named william made a mistake?

no comment
Quote by captaincrunk
so your argument is that it's very unlikely that some guy named william made a mistake?

i would never make such a foolish&obviously wrong argument
Quote by StewieSwan

When I went to school for audio engineering, we were taught to NEVER EVER delete anything you recorded, even scratch takes. Things go wrong all the time and sometimes the first take is the one that ends up being used but you never know. It's common practice as far as I know.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

leave britney alone!!! No I'm kidding, this is pretty funny.

Maybe I'm ******ed, but why would a singer warm up her voice by going through the entire song, pauses and all? Wouldn't it be more efficient to do scales and breathing exercices designed to push your limitations instead of simply doing a not-too-challenging song?
Quote by deadsmileyface
that's pretty uncool lolmnt

I am sorry about being a leaker.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by flexiblemile
leave britney alone!!! No I'm kidding, this is pretty funny.

Maybe I'm ******ed, but why would a singer warm up her voice by going through the entire song, pauses and all? Wouldn't it be more efficient to do scales and breathing exercices designed to push your limitations instead of simply doing a not-too-challenging song?

The same reason I don't warm up to stroll down the shops.
Quote by lolmnt
It's not like people were like "What a great vocal performance."

This.

I don't get how shakira became so famous, she squeals when she sings.
No surprise. Blame the teens for supporting her and the other no talent !$#! clowns that continue to churn out music devoid of any soul or substance.
Quote by piratelooksat30
No surprise. Blame the teens for supporting her and the other no talent !$#! clowns that continue to churn out music devoid of any soul or substance.

you seem like an enlightened guy

could you recommend me some music?
Quote by piratelooksat30

I'm genuinely interested what that swear word is

Shit? ****? ******? ****? ******? *******?
Quote by deadsmileyface
I forgive you but don't let it happen again okay!!!

I just leaked your emails. I am still a leaker and for that I'm sorry.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by piratelooksat30

Been happening since pop music. Like remember Disco music during teh 70's that drove all rockstars mad? Disco duck, Dafuq was up with that?
Quote by lolmnt
I just leaked your emails. I am still a leaker and for that I'm sorry.

now everyone will know my secrets
banned
it's never been her voice so idc, would still bang
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by deadsmileyface
now everyone will know my secrets

To: *removed*@email.gov
Title: My Tiny Butt

Hey good to see you the other day. Did you see my tiny butt? It is so tiny and small. I like to shake my tiny little butt on the dance floor with all my friends. It is a good butt, though it is tiny, as I have previously mentioned. It gets the job done--pooping and sitting. And shaking on the dance floor with all my friends.

Lately I've been feeling sad about how tiny my little butt is. Seeing you guys at the club, all cheering on my tiny butt, really lifted my spirits. "Shake it. Shake it. Shake that tiny butt" you all said. Thank you for making me love my tiny butt again.

How are things with *name removed*? Does she still *removed*? I hope she does that is very nice of her to *removed*

Have a rad day!

deadsmileyface

PS I typed this with my butt

I can't stop leaking!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 2