I recently made a switch from 10-46s to 11-50s & at the same time added 2 springs. I love the strings but I do not like the decked bridge tone. The previous 3 spring setup / | \ is too weak to handle the new strings. To achieve the floating bridge, do I increase the claw tension using the previous 3 spring setup or decrease claw tension using 5 springs? I also do a lot of tapping but the action on these 11s is too much, is it possible to lower the action without getting a lot of buzz?
Quote by XAkitAX
(a) To achieve the floating bridge, do I increase the claw tension using the previous 3 spring setup or decrease claw tension using 5 springs? (b) I also do a lot of tapping but the action on these 11s is too much, is it possible to lower the action without getting a lot of buzz?

(a) I imagine you could try either to see which you prefer (or which works better, or indeed, at all ).

(b) I think that's one of those things that you won't know until you try. Maybe your truss rod needs a slight tweak, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the reply i realize my questions were a waste of a post I was just nervous to venture away from the setup i had, or damage the claw assembly by loosening it too much with the 5 spring setup. I figured everything out but the truss rod, too scared. Thanks again
Don't worry, there are no stupid questions

I'm no setup guru either, loads of players know way more than I do about setups etc. too. So don't worry about it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?