Poll: Are you friends with at least one of your parents on facebook?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you friends with at least one of your parents on facebook?
Yes
24 49%
No
25 51%
Voters: 49.
Page 1 of 2
do your parents have a facebook? if so, are you friends with them? if you are, have you ever regretted friending them?
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Jul 8, 2014,
They would kick my ass (figuratively and possibly literally) if I wasn't friends with them.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
yes

i'm also friends with my mates dad and he just shares stupid pictures constantly
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I added a few family members then saw all the shit people deal with. I didn't remove who I had but I have a no family rule on Facebook now.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
No and no.
And even if yes, no.
I'd rather not add family, so I don't even tell them I have a FB.

Edit: I should probably mention that both my parents know I have FB. My mom found out when looking for other family members through FB. And I tried soo hard to keep it a secret too.

But they don't care. My mom doesn't have one (and would be alright if I didn't add her) and my dad does but I don't think he uses it for hardly anything.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jul 8, 2014,
Nah, my gf's family does and they embarrass her all the time tho. Her grandad always used to sign his name at the end of every post but i think he's wisened up now lol
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
my mom is the one who nagged me into getting a facebook
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
my mom is the one who nagged me into getting a facebook
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
yes yes and no
My dad doesn't do anything on facebook except sometimes put a picture up and like some of my statuses.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Yes. All my mom does is share things. She shares everything.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Yes. All my mom does is share things. She shares everything.

Can confirm that she shares everything
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
Can confirm that she shares everything

uwot

now I really don't like your tone

My mother is a generous person and you would be glad to know her, thank you.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I addd my mom on facebook when i realized that my social life had stagnated to nothingness.

But, all my high school photos are on there. I'm sure she's looked at those once or twoce
Quote by eGraham
uwot

now I really don't like your tone

My mother is a generous person and you would be glad to know her, thank you.

I already know her.

In the Biblical sense.
it's all coming back

nah they don't have facebook

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Both my parents have it. Facebooks the only way i can get ahold of my dad
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I have my family on Facebook, they don't give a shit about the dumb shit I'm always posting on there.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
My mom does, and no I don't, I don't add many people I know, I mostly just share my music on there anyway. I don't use facebook much if at all.

I don't use a real name on facebook either, so extended family wouldn't be able to find me.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 8, 2014,
a few family members have sent friend requests, but i just ignored them, assuming that if you don't actually hit accept or deny, that it'll sit there forever and not let them send another one.
Nearly everyone in my extended family has it and I'm friends with my parents, grandparents, and a bunch of aunts and uncles and cousins.

My mom and grandma use it for candy crush and my dad sends me cat pics.
cat
My parents had Facebooks before I did. And if I didn't add them, my mom would probably get really pissed. Main reason I stopped using Facebook.
¯\_()_/¯
My mom uses my facebook probably more than I do. Not to post but just to browse the news feed. But no, she doesn't have her own and my dad would die before he even thought about getting one.
Not having Facebook really avoids avoidable bullshit.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
my dad has it but i don't have him on it and he only has like 3 friends afaik
my mum doesn't know what it is except the government uses it to spy on her

i get on really well with my parents but it seems really weird to me to have them on fb
noticed a generation gap too, none of my mates my age have their parents on it but my 18-20 yo mates all do and see nothing weird about it
My parents forced me to add them. I have to watch my language and what I post. Sucks.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
My parents forced me to add them. I have to watch my language and what I post. Sucks.

Change your privacy settings. My relatives can't see anything unless I specifically decide to include them or it's a public post
cat
My mom only uses facebook for Farmville, Candy Crush, and sharing stupid chain pictures.
My parents do have facebook and they added me and I accepted and have never stopped regretting it, cuz now every second-cousin from some Middle Eastern cavern emerged and added me too and wants to discover if this vague, distant filial relation remembers them from when they held him as a baby at that one dinner party one time.

Just as a reference point, I sincerely dislike direct family members.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jul 9, 2014,
I have my family on there but I used the privacy settings to block them from everything I post. Because they really nag about some things.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
My parents have one but I haven't added them cause wtf no. One time my friend had a party when his mom was out of town but he got busted when people posted pictures and tagged him in them lol
My mum has Facebook. My dad doesn't. I don't have my mum on Facebook because Facebook is a thing for my friends and I don't really want her making embarrassing comments on my photos/posts (not like there are any) and if I want to talk to her, I'll phone her up rather than chatting to her online.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
cuz now every second-cousin from some Middle Eastern cavern emerged and added me too and wants to discover if this vague, distant filial relation remembers them from when they held him as a baby at that one dinner party one time.

This is way too relatable. Once a family of 6 added me and I didn't know why other than they were all friends with my great-uncle. Turns out they lived on one side of a movie theater as children and my mom lived on the other side and they watched
movies for free every day after school. They were too scared to add her so they added me instead so they could get to know her through me or something idk
cat
Nah, me and my parents said **** that shit and we all eventually deleted it
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
I mostly use facebook for messaging people whose numbers I don't have and for a group that my coworkers and I are in for switching shifts with people. I don't really post much of anything, and I don't read other people's posts. So I am friends with my parents, but it doesn't matter.
My parents don't use FB. My dad has trouble enough with text messages.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by RylanThePotato
Nah, me and my parents said **** that shit and we all eventually deleted it

>still has twitter, snapchat and instagram

and uses them on the regs i might add

im watching you RylanThePotato aka stylinrylan or whatever other monikers/aliases you use
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
>still has twitter, snapchat and instagram

and uses them on the regs i might add

im watching you RylanThePotato aka stylinrylan or whatever other monikers/aliases you use

Twitter and snapchat yeah, haven't been on instagram in many many moons

StylinRylan will rise belee dat
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Page 1 of 2