Poll: What brand is the best?
Poll Options
View poll results: What brand is the best?
Marshall
3 27%
Peavy
3 27%
Fender
2 18%
VOX
2 18%
Roland
1 9%
Voters: 11.
I'm looking for a good amp that I can use to play with friends I just need something I can easily adjust the settings on with no presets I also am looking for an amp that goes well with the Gretsch pickups. Please leave suggestions for amps that cost around $100-$200 thank you.
Last edited by TheFlyingAlpaca at Jul 9, 2014,
First, this question should have been posted in the Guitar Gear & Accessories subforum.

*Reported for move*

Second, to be able to give you the best advice possible, we need this information as asked on the stickies at the top of the subforums:

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Paragraphs of information about yourself are nice but we really just need the answers to these 6 things.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Its got nothing do with brands.

If you spend $100 on an amp, it doesnt matter what brand it is. It will just be awful.

Save more money and buy a decent amp when you can afford it
Quote by LivinJoke84
Its got nothing do with brands.

If you spend $100 on an amp, it doesnt matter what brand it is. It will just be awful.

Save more money and buy a decent amp when you can afford it

That.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Your budget is pretty low here. There are a lot of options but none are very good. Just go to the store and play as many as you can. The amp will pick you. I would also consider Orange and I'd try to increase the budget to $300-350 if you could. There are a lot of decent amps used in this price range like the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.