Hi,

can somebody tell me the difference between these 3 guitars?
Especially between the Blackjack SLS and ATX?
It looks like the SLS has a compound radius neck, is there anything else?
And the Hellraiser has EMG pickups, is there any other difference to the blackjack?

Also what would you pick on a 1500$ budget? ESP / Schecter or Ibanez?
im leaning towards the blackjack ATX now but im not sure

Would you suggest buying one with FR or a hardtail?
Last edited by malaki166 at Jul 9, 2014,
The Blackjacks have Seymore Duncan blackouts and the Hellraiser has EMGs. Thats a personel preference choice. I believe the SLS has a sustaniac feature that has electronics to let you hold a note as long as you like. You'll probably rarely use that feature and it cost alot more for it. I prefer Hellraisers b/c of the EMGs. My Lead guitarist in my band prefers the Blackjacks b/c of the Seymore Duncan Blackouts. Both are high quality shred machines. You cant go wrong with either choice.
Gibson LP Classic HP
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter KM-7
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by pantallica87
The Blackjacks have Seymore Duncan blackouts and the Hellraiser has EMGs. Thats a personel preference choice. I believe the SLS has a sustaniac feature that has electronics to let you hold a note as long as you like. You'll probably rarely use that feature and it cost alot more for it. I prefer Hellraisers b/c of the EMGs. My Lead guitarist in my band prefers the Blackjacks b/c of the Seymore Duncan Blackouts. Both are high quality shred machines. You cant go wrong with either choice.

thanks I think the SLS is supposed to have a smaller neck

what do you think about ESP or Ibanez
how would you rate these compared to schecter,
I found a nice looking ESP and Ibanez on their websites
I have never played an ESP. I cant say much about those other than alot of them (ltd) are made in South Korea and the really high end ones are made here in the US. Schecter also makes a majority of their guitars (diamond series) in South Korea with the higher custom ones made here in the US.
I have owned an ibanez RG series before and sold it. I didnt like the bridge it had. I prefer the TOM bridge that schecter uses. Thats just preference tho. It wasnt by any means a badly built guitar, I just wasnt crazy about the bridge setup. Ibanez tends to have very thin necks, which some people like. Schecter necks are thicker. Its all just preference. Make a list of specs for each guitar you want. Use the Manufacturers website for specs.Out of those specs, choose the guitar with the features you want. Schecter, ESP, and Ibanez make very high end quality guitars for $1500.
Gibson LP Classic HP
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter KM-7
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy