1. If you are selling tickets to your show or you bought tickets to a show. DO NOT post pictures online that include the bar code image or numbers. It is exceptionally easy to steal and reprint the ticket.
2. Do not ask the crowd how the sound is. You are directly insulting the sound person. Some may not find this offensive but as the joke goes, "What is the difference between a soundperson and god. god doesn't think he is a soundperson."
3. If you play an instrument that requires cables of any sort. BUY GOOD ONES. This doesn't mean overpay for the shit that MONSTER sells it means don't cheap out. Do some research, mogami is good, Planet Waves is good, George L is good. If you want specific help on your rig ask me. I love gear. If you can solder it makes a difference.
I like Cheetos!
I have something to say about number 2:

I've found myself in situations where that's plain false.

Why?
The audience is the people listening to the stuff from the position where the stuff's supposed to sound good, and the sound guy doesn't have a clue how to do his job.

At my last gig I found one that wasn't good at all, so I helped him and lent him my compressor.
He wasn't a half good audio technician but he was a nice guy, so that ended up well.

Also any good sound engineer will value the audience perspective.
I don't think getting offended for what players say is part of his job, and if he doesn't do his job because he feels offended than the situation calls for a chat after the show.

Both with him and with the organizer of the event.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
@spambot_2 You are right, there should be some qualifications attached to my statement. The audience is who it is about. My problem is with the 3rd band of the night that has seen what the Soundperson can do and still sellls them out.
I like Cheetos!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
As a former soundMAN who was decidedly lacking the god-complex gene, I tried to make sure in any venue that I actually went around to a number of different locations within the space and listened. I also kept in mind that it was going to sound markedly different once it was filled with people. I did not commit the cardinal sin of soundmen: if it sounds horrible, simply turn up the volume and nobody will notice. Maybe.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
Mr. GeezerTim. You are one of the good ones. The PERSON part of my post is my band just hired an exceptionally qualified woman.
I like Cheetos!
There are plenty of talented soundwomen out there, I've had the pleasure of meeting and working with quite a few. I guess I've just hit an age where political correctness and gender-neutral inclusive language provoke me to want to punch kittens or watch Matlock marathons.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
Yeah Sound person sounds gay, sound-man/sound-guy sounds much better

Political corectness is way to overrated these days
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I was at a Gato Barbieri show once where the Soundman literally was God. IOW, he might has well have been imaginary because he sure wasn't listening to the awful distorted crap that was coming from the stage.