I need some advice.

I am looking to buy a New 2011 PRS Custom 24 Ten Top. To be honest I find the different models of PRS guitars a little confusing. The price seems almost too good to be true but it comes from a reputable authorized dealer.

The neck is pattern thin. The pickups are 59/09. It has a PRS tremolo, 5 way pickup switching, PRS locking tuners. It looks to be in perfect condition and plays great. I wouldn't change a thing about the setup.

So my question is, what is the going price for a comparable guitar?

Thanks for any advice. I've been lurking on the forums for a while but just registered today.
custom 24's used price range depends a lot on the condition, year, and top.
typically they seem to go around about 1600USD to 2700USD average.

If the condition is as good as you say it is, and considering that it is a ten-top, it should be around lower to mid-lower 2000USD... and that's still a very rough estimate.
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
This is a brand new one and they are asking $1,900 and change for. They manager says they just want to move it since they are getting newer models in. Seems to good to pass up.
that does sound like a pretty good price

maybe contact prs (email) to ask if it's legit ok? say you're thinking of buying it (and it's from a dealer).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I went ahead and pulled the trigger just now. It is from the Nashville Guitar Center which carries a lot more high end being a music city. I have 60 days to return it and can always return it at my local GC when I go back home if I have any issues with it.

Thanks for all the advice.
Some stores sell old-stock / used guitars at a pretty ridiculous price if they want em gone for one reason or another. Much lower than what they usually go for on ebay or craigslist.
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Quote by thelax
Some stores sell old-stock / used guitars at a pretty ridiculous price if they want em gone for one reason or another. Much lower than what they usually go for on ebay or craigslist.

That's why I was second guessing myself. It just seemed like their new price on it was less than the used price I was finding elsewhere. Couldn't be happier with it. Thanks again.
ah right yeah if it's a big chain like GC it's probably legit, I imagine

and yeah as thelax says, sometimes stores just want rid of stuff. I've got a bunch of bargains that way, too. it does sometimes make you second guess yourself, though, both in terms of whether the item is legit, and also whether everyone else passed it over for a reason

Nice score
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah that is not uncommon, I bought my PRS CE22 new (it was a 2 yr old model) for $1425and the regular retail price was $2300. And it was because they just wanted to move it out of the store.

Killer score by the way.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
1800-2000 seems good for a figured top depending on the age and condition. i feel like in the used market and a more plain top, you could go cheaper.

i feel like a older model with moderate wear and plainer woods then i would pay about 950-1300.
for a lower end model. im not well versed on the pups and everything.

ive seen a bunch of used custom 22s and customer 24s out there sell from anywhere in the 850s to 1150.

a local store sold a johnny highland custom for 1450.

the same store sold a custom 22 hollow body. repeat, hollow body for 1950.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
1800-2000 seems good for a figured top depending on the age and condition. i feel like in the used market and a more plain top, you could go cheaper.

i feel like a older model with moderate wear and plainer woods then i would pay about 950-1300.
for a lower end model. im not well versed on the pups and everything.

ive seen a bunch of used custom 22s and customer 24s out there sell from anywhere in the 850s to 1150.

a local store sold a johnny highland custom for 1450.

the same store sold a custom 22 hollow body. repeat, hollow body for 1950.

Never seen customs that low used, I know the CE22/24 go for that used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by thelax

i got a ibanez 3550MZ prestige guitar brand new with all plastic, for a tad under $700 after tax. i didn't ask twice. it was just last years modeling date, and it was hiding in a corner. so sometimes you can get lucky.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You got a great deal. Congratulations on your PRS, it looks fantastic! HNGD
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
ahh your right. its the CE ones. so this is a custom shop?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
ahh your right. its the CE ones. so this is a custom shop?

No, the model is the Custom 24
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Guitar Center is used as a dumping ground by many manufacturers who need to clear out old models. This is often does as unannounced sales; GC has already done PRS and EBMM this year. So if you’re in a GC store and spot some suspiciously low price tags it’s legit and happening all over the country.
nice deal. it may be last year's model, or even the year before. they consider them "new" until they sell.

doesn't matter when you score one that works for you.

congrats!
Guitar Center is in some financial difficulty; several manufacturers are bailing on GC or at least reducing what they'll send to them.

Here in LA, most of the GCs have reduced the number of guitars hanging on the wall by turning most of them flat to the wall rather than hanging them on an angle. I'm seeing at least 100-200 fewer guitars on most walls.

In addition, you'll find that PRS guitars are nearly impossible to find in many of their stores, and most of those guitars on the wall are lower-price models. I'm seeing a lot of odd brands and $149 guitars that weren't there before. Some amp manufacturers have reduced shipments to GC.

It's been reported that some manufacturers will simply not ship additional merchandise to GC unless they pay COD. You'll also find fewer really good guitars on their used/vintage walls. Stock in the keyboard section, for example, doesn't have backup on the shelves -- there's the one on the shelf and that's pretty much it. GC is selling off some of those brands, and there may be deals here and there...
While I prefer local retailer to big box stores, I'm afraid we are approaching the point where the only place to have a good selection of new guitars will be to buy online sight unseen.