Hi. I wanted to learn more about the parts of a guitar, so I decided to disassemble my really cheap, old Behringer V-Tone guitar. Don't worry, I wouldn't really feel bad if I broke some of the wirings because it's really old (more than 5 years) it sounds awful, and I really plan to change and upgrade the parts.

Now, I wonder if I could change it from SSS to HSS configuration? It has an original SSS configuration and after disassembling the parts, I discovered it has a universal cavity. (see pic below). I wonder if it would be okay to just buy a pickguard with HSS config and replace the pickups? Since the HSS pickups would fit perfectly inside. Would it make any difference? I'm sorry. I'm really new to this.

Thanks in advance
I think that should work ok, yeah, though I'm no guitar tech
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I see. Thanks. Sorry if it was such a stupid question. I was just worrying that it might have some problems with the wirings and stuff which I have yet to learn.
No such thing as a stupid question

There are stupid answers, though (which I'll probably prove with the rest of this post I'm no wiring guru)

Should be ok. If you want to do any fancy wiring with the HSS pickups, you might need to get a fancier switch, or push-pull pots or whatever. But I think (don't quote me ) even with the stock switch etc. you should be able to wire up the HSS setup ok (though it might not autosplit in position 4, assuming you want that, but I could be wrong).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I see. Looks like I'll push through with the HSS. I'll update this thread once I successfully installed the HSS pickups. Otherwise, I'll just charge it to experience. Thanks a lot, man!
No problem, good luck
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Id upgrade, the wiring/switches/pots/caps/switch/jack as well as pickups and pick-guard.
And stick some grounding (copper i think) in the pool (the pickup routing) Someone else might be able to explain that a little better.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Yep just get a new pickgard and the electronics/pickups you want
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Its easy stuff, I didnt even get a new pickguard for mine. I just measured everything and cut out the place for the humbucker. Then sharpied the SC's black to match it lol. Cost of project - free.
Thanks for sharing, Darkdevil. I'm just curious, what brand is your guitar? It looks similar to mine.
Quote by GitaraFreak
Thanks for sharing, Darkdevil. I'm just curious, what brand is your guitar? It looks similar to mine.

Pretty much any "strat" shape will look identical to another. But looks is where most similaritys end.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by GitaraFreak

It is a Main Street, the local Wild Bills retails them. It is a sub $100 strat knock off. But it is a alder body and 22 fret maple board so I have done a lot of work to it such as fret leveling, giving the raw wood feel of the neck a good satin finish, and cleaned up a lot of sharp fret ends. Plays as good as some of the fender blacktops ive tried and the MiM strat I use to have. But the neck is a bit thinner than those and has a 20" radius.