Anyone else like them? I work outside all day, usually by myself, and a good audiobook really makes the time go by faster. Although I kinda feel like I'm cheating. If I've listened to Hugo's Les Miserables from start to finish, can I really say that I've read it?

I've recently been a member of Audible, which I feels like is kind of a rip off... Its 15 bucks a month and you can download one book per month. If theres a better way, someone please let me know.

So far on my list I have

Les Miserables (about 3/10 of the way through)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (only completed a sample, but it was great)
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I have several books on Audible from signing up for the free trial (to get a free book), then trying to quit (which made them offer me another), then trying to quit again immediately after (which gave me another). Then I actually quit.
audiobooks suck because i prefer reading
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Yeah in all honesty, for a lot of books I really prefer actually reading them. I'm not sure all work as audio.

I got the Alan Partridge audiobook though, which is excellent as you'd expect being read by Steve Coogan himself.
I can't concentrate properly on them I get too distracted. Same with movies/TV. GIVE ME THE WRITTEN WORD
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I can't concentrate properly on them I get too distracted. Same with movies/TV. GIVE ME THE WRITTEN WORD

yes this
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I have listened to a bunch of short stories read by famous actors in the last few weeks. Especially poetry I prefer if someone else reads it as I am always unsure how the author intended me to read them.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ