I'm looking something in price range of 500€. I play in a band, so it would need to be enough to get over the drums, and still maintain a good sound. We play mainly rock/hard rock, and some older metal so i'm not looking for that "modern-day" distortion.

I have heard that Line6 makes good all-around ones these days?
Last edited by esa.lackstrom at Jul 9, 2014,
I don't have a job atm, so i decided to invest in a solid state, instead of valve. Tubes aren't cheap. And though they last couple years, i can't be really sure what's my financial status at that time, with the way economy is going at where i live.
I tried the Orange myself for about 45 minutes. It's not bad at all.
I'd probably go with a Vypyr. Or maybe just something with a good clean channel and a pedal or 2.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Yeah try for as big a Peavey Vypyr as you can afford, failing that maybe a Randall RG or RH. Some Line 6 stuff is pretty solid, but the Spider series is a bad buy.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Honestly, for hardrock and similar stuff i would at least consider the Jet City JCA50h. I know you said you don't want a tube amp, but it costs currently 289€ on Thomann, so you have over 200€ of your budget left over, and thats enough for at least two full retubes.
Quote by ~Luke~
Honestly, for hardrock and similar stuff i would at least consider the Jet City JCA50h. I know you said you don't want a tube amp, but it costs currently 289€ on Thomann, so you have over 200€ of your budget left over, and thats enough for at least two full retubes.

Read this.

Consider it.

Read again if still uncomfortable.

Buy the Jet City
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by ~Luke~

+3.1415
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/