Hi,

Has anyone had problems with tuning on the EC-1000? I have a problem with it which I just cannot solve. The guitar tunes well, but when you play an e-power chord (open 6th string + 2nd fret A and D strings) it sounds as if the 6th string it slightly sharp. The only way to solve it is tuning it down slightly, but that compromises tuning further up the neck. The guitar is set up perfectly (by a pro-shop), action is great, new strings/old it's still the same. Intonation perfect. Frets in good condition.

It tends to be more noticeable on high gain sounds.

???

PS: I have a similar problem on my Paul Allender PRS, though it's not quite as severe.
That's the nut. It's not quite cut deep enough. Mine actually has the same problem, and so do most guitars, actually.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thanks for that. How does that make the open e sound sharp though? I could understand it making the fretted notes sharp...
It's not a case of the open note being sharp, but the fretted notes being flat. The low E intonation saddle needs to be adjusted as it's too far back.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 11, 2014,