Just trying to work on my lead and soloing... I just learned the solo from Smells Like Teen Spirit. I'm passed begginer but fall short of intermediate . Any good blues and rock solos you would be willing to share?
Uh... Probably the Beatles have some the occasional small solo here and there.
Jimmy Hendrix's "fire" has a fairly easy one I think its like 8 notes
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
AC/DC "you shook me all night long" is pretty simple. im also a noob solo-er and that was one of the first i learned.
Learn the minor pentatonic scale - write your own solos - become guitar god - my three step plan for awesomeness.
Quote by AccountAttempt4
Learn the minor pentatonic scale - write your own solos - become guitar god - my three step plan for awesomeness.

Was gonna say that.

Also using your right hand to tap the fretboard in triplets.
I forget the actual name of that technique but the first time I tried that...
My brain exploded.
Quote by AccountAttempt4

No. I hate it when people use this "tip". It's the exact same scale but with two degrees avoided because they make a diminished fifth/augmented fourth. Solos that only involve the pentatonic notes simply, most of the times, use a very basic harmony (chordal) accompaniment. It's not an actual scale in that sense and you may use it to get that classic blues-rock feel, but dictating players about "learning it" like it's the 101 of guitar playing simply dumbs-down the understanding of music in general to me.
Quote by TLGuitar
No. I hate it when people use this "tip". It's the exact same scale but with two degrees avoided because they make a diminished fifth/augmented fourth. Solos that only involve the pentatonic notes simply, most of the times, use a very basic harmony (chordal) accompaniment. It's not an actual scale in that sense and you may use it to get that classic blues-rock feel, but dictating players about "learning it" like it's the 101 of guitar playing simply dumbs-down the understanding of music in general to me.

Good point.

If you want to get better at soloing, learn and practice scales until you understand how they work. It's not very hard to convince people with little knowledge about a guitar, that you are an amazing player.
It makes a huge difference if you can learn techniques like changing keys during a solo or slides and bends.
Tempo and volume also have a huge effect.
Living After Midnight-Judas priest

Probably most songs off of Bryan Adams "Breathless" album