Just went to the guitar shop to try out a few guitars today and the man there got me to try the 2014 fender deluxe strat hss , Now I am normally a les Paul man played them most of my life and still do but this strat sounded great, Anyway when he showed me a picture of behind the pick guard there was solderless pickups and know wires - personally cards I was like WTF, I was quite surprised andIt does look like fender are leading the way in guitar tech .
I'm all for the advancement of technology as long as the tones are still cool! Any pix?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm really not digging this new technology. Those ribbon cables are easily damaged. Good luck finding a replacement cable in 20 years. There's something to be said for wires that are soldered in - I can fix them all day long and don't need to special order a proprietary harness. Also means you're not going to be doing much potentiometer experimentation.
I would imagine this is going to make swapping pups a bit more problematic, at least in the short run. I suppose if the industry adopts this (or something like it) as a standard, that's one thing. But it looks to me like Fender is getting a little proprietary with their newer tech.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
When I saw the solderless wiring on my Epiphone I thought they did it just to cut labor costs

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats