Hi, Does anyone in here use one of the Mackie ProFX series mixers?

I have a question on how to, if possible to turn off the "onboard" effects and have sound still going to mains and monitors.

We just bought a new Mixer, ProFX16, and even though I press the "fx mute" button, or even turn the internal FX knobs down for the main, I don't get any signal to the mains, its like its completely chopping it off...

I feel like i'm just missing something....
Fender Lefty Stratocaster
Ernie Ball Super Slinky Purple Strings
Vox AC15
Misc. Pedals
Nice board with a lot of choices. Process of elimination... follow the signal until it stops.

Channel gain set properly?
Fader up?
Channel solo works fine and shows on meters?
L/R chnl assign pressed and shows on meters?
Signal through headphones?
Main output connected properly?

When in doubt... RTFM
http://www.mackie.com/products/profxseries/pdf/PROFX16_22_OM.pdf
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 10, 2014,
Not following what you are trying to do! I have the ProFX12.

You said: "turn off the "onboard" effects and have sound still going to mains and monitors." Yes, of course, you don't HAVE to use the FX. Each channel has an FX send and an 'Aux' send - which goes to the monitor/aux output, and there is an FX return slider next to the monitor and main sliders.
My reverbnation page

2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73 Epi 6830E
72 Fender Telecaster
Epi Dot Studio
Epi LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e uke
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Sounds like your FX sends are maxed. Turn the FX knob on each channel all the way down and that will turn them back to a 100% dry blend instead of the opposite, which was your problem.

That's just my guess, I run a Mackie SR24.4 at work, which is a studio mixer, and that's how our FX mixes work.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite