I am a beginner and a newbie here. I wanted to know how do you play those chords like A/m# etc above the tabs? Do you play the chords and the tabs at the same time?

For e.g. in this tab- http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/l/led_zeppelin/achilles_last_stand_ver2_tab.htm

So does the rhythm guitarist play the chords and the lead does the rest? but then jimmy page is the only guitarist in led zeppelin?
Hi, it just means that it's the chord "in function", that the music is playing as a whole whether it be based on i.e. the the guitar arpeggios (single notes of chords) you see in the beginning or what bass and backing instruments are playing together as well. No, it doesn't mean you should make those as "regular" guitar chords (though you might if you want to), just play the tab
Also, keep in mind that for example xxx987 as Em actually is an Em chord, as major and minor chords only consist of 3 notes and there are tons of ways to play chords on guitar and not just the standard 5-6string big/"full" chords.
Quote by fanapathy
Hi, it just means that it's the chord "in function", that the music is playing as a whole whether it be based on i.e. the the guitar arpeggios (single notes of chords) you see in the beginning or what bass and backing instruments are playing together as well. No, it doesn't mean you should make those as "regular" guitar chords (though you might if you want to), just play the tab
Also, keep in mind that for example xxx987 as Em actually is an Em chord, as major and minor chords only consist of 3 notes and there are tons of ways to play chords on guitar and not just the standard 5-6string big/"full" chords.

Well thank you so much! i was really confused about that!