0 0%
Best is composing own music
2 67%
Best is making covers
0 0%
Best is to play in a band
1 33%
Voters: 3.
Hello! I am a guitar player and I am looking to find the best solution for playing the rythm, the bass, the lead and the solo in order to perform as a one man band . As for now, I am using an electric guitar, a Digitech RP 90 guitar effects gear and a Jamman Stereo, also from Digitech. But I can not find a good solution for drums. What do you think? What would be the best approach for this matter?

Here are some recordings I've made using this gears, but edited with Audacity, hosted on Musician-Band.com :

My Recordings

I would really apreciate feedback on subject and also on my recordings!

Thank You!
Last edited by soulkyn at Jul 11, 2014,
Hell of a luck they invented drum machines, isn't it?

The Korg Volca beats, with something like 4 analog and 4 digital sounds + a digital sequencer, a ribbon controller (touch keyboard) and funny lights, goes for around €150.
You may wanna check that.

If you want realistic drums then you need a sample player and a sequencer, in which case your cheapest bet is likely to use a computer.

Also where did I hear that "lambada" piece already... ?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thank you for quick reply! Well, how can one coordinate beats and effects with two legs on 3 different gears.. That's my point. Digitech RP 90 can only touched by finger and Jamman stereo seems to be a solution, but it needs previous recording when using samples, loops.. It is ok with what I have when using a computer, but when performing live and improvising there is no time for computer! I' m wondering what others use in this situation and which solution would be best. Maybe to attach two more pedals to these devices I have in order to start/stop the drums?
The Lambada Rock, my cover version, was recorded using a midi loop inserted in JammanStereo and I did only one guitar. There is another one on my page at musician-band.com , called Obsession, and I did rythm, two more guitars but the drums are awful, because were the standard loop from Digitech RP 90, with no breaking of the rythm at all. So, I'm wondering: what would be the best solution to break the rythm of drums when plying as one man band, without previous recording, because I also like to improvise a lot!
Also you can hear my recordings at:

My Recordings

Thank You!
Last edited by soulkyn at Jul 11, 2014,
Have you seen the video demo of 'Beat Buddy'? It might be what you are looking for as a 'drummer' http://mybeatbuddy.com/
My reverbnation page

2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73 Epi 6830E
72 Fender Telecaster
Epi Dot Studio
Epi LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e uke
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Quote by soulkyn
So, I'm wondering: what would be the best solution to break the rythm of drums when plying as one man band, without previous recording, because I also like to improvise a lot!
Get a drum machine with a midi input and a midi controller like the behringer FCB1010.

The setup would be
Guitar -> RP90 -> looper -> amp -> pa system
Drum machine -> pa system

You can skip the amp if you don't use one and you can connect the midi controller to the drum machine to choose different rhythmic patterns.

Also you're recording in a pretty uncomfortable way.
Get a DAW and use that, it will give you options.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.