So a buddy of mine just introduced me to Andy James and needless to say I'm blown away. I've been primarily a blues player for the last decade and am now interested in trying something heavier. I'm looking at two guitars locally and I was just wondering what everyones opinion would be on which is the better guitar.

Ibanez RG321MH upgraded with Dimarzio D Activators.

Schecter Damien Soloist elite Diamond Series, all stock with EMG 81 & 85 pickups.

What would you get and why?
Andy James is an EMG endorser, so pickup wise the Schecter will sound closer to his tone than the Ibanez. However, me being not only a DiMarzio fan boy and a closeted Ibanez fan boy I say the Ibanez is a better choice. Thinner neck which is more comfortable for me and I like DiMarzio pickups and their sound a lot better than I like EMG's.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
I'm kind of leaning towards the Ibanez as I don't know much about Schecters.
Quote by 240SXNL
So a buddy of mine just introduced me to Andy James and needless to say I'm blown away.

"Hi, I'm andy james"

seriously, though... I dunno. the ibanez is sort of the lower level ibanez, the ones i've tried were alright but not really anything special. I haven't tried the schecter (and it's not on the schecter website) but I suspect it might be a slightly higher-end model (but whether that actually makes it any better for what you want is another thing).

what amp are you using?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My amp is the same one I've had for the last 15-20 years, Peavey Transtube Bandit (all black model).
Ah ok. I'm not that familiar with them but I think they get a rep as one of the better-sounding (and reliable) solid states.

It really just depends on how close you want to get, and how much money you're willing to throw at it. EMGs tend to sound better into tube amps where they drive them harder (that's not to say the guitar and pickups aren't important with a solid state amp, because they are too, but they tend to make even more difference with a tube amp and most of these things were sort of designed with a tube amp in mind).

So I guess, how much money are you willing to waste/spend?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I'm not going out and buying a new amp right now, so I'm thinking the Ibanez will fit my current setup better.
No worries. That might be true (I haven't tried d-activators but I think they were aimed at getting an EMG-ish tone in passives).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I ended up getting such a good deal... I bought both... and a Roland Cube 15 for a small practice amp.
LOL awesome
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?