Does anyone know of any decent (not too expensive)chromatic tuners that can tune an 8 string? I'm buying one soon and realise I have no way of tuning the damn thing.
Do you have a smart phone? There's an app for that!

Additionally, you don't need a special "8 string tuner", you just need any tuner, cause YOU are the dictator of what key each string should be in, not a tuner. If you're gonna invest I suggest a pedal tuner, they're great especially if you plan on doing any shows or jams with other people in your music playing future
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Budget?

Quote by dudester410
what key each string should be in

That's not what a key is.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Budget?

That's not what a key is.

note, geez
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Budget?

No more than £50 ideally. After buying the 8 string, I'm not gonna have alot left.
Quote by dudester410
note, geez

It's very important distinction.

Quote by Renoke
No more than £50 ideally. After buying the 8 string, I'm not gonna have alot left.

Get this:

http://www.andertons.co.uk/tuners-amp-metronomes/pid13472/cid593/korg-pitchblack-pedal-tuner.asp

Or this:

http://www.andertons.co.uk/tuners-amp-metronomes/pid22861/cid593/tc-electronic-polytune-mini-polyphonic-tuner.asp

Either will set you up just fine until you have a roadie.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Think I'll be going for the Korg Pitchblack!
Sorry to steal the thread, but it's quite related and it's been bugging me for a long time:

The thing TC seems the most excited about in the Polytune is that apparently you can just strum and see how all strings are tuned - the thing is, as far as I know it's designed for 6-strings. If I use a 7 or 8-string, can I just use it for the top 6 and tune the 7th (and 8th if applies) separately, or the tuner will just go crazy or something? I'm expecting the first option to be more realistic, but I might get one in the future so just curious.
Take a look at DigiTech's Hardwire Tuner. It is a bit more expensive, but a great tuner, easy to see even on a darkened stage, and built like a tank. Over the years, I have gained a real appreciation for the need for a solid build quality in a pedal. Some not-so-well built pedals have failed disastrously.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Back in the day, we had these. I don't remember 8 strings, but you could figure it out pretty easy with the other ones in tune.

Now we have pedals and smartphone apps. Easy.