I´m looking for an chorus pedal. I don't want a digital one as I already have a bunch of digital effects.

Any recommendations?

1. Priority is the sound
2. Priotity is noise
3. Priority is price
Quote by jon_six
providence chorus

Came here to say this. It is expensive, but they sound amazing. What's your price range?
Quote by deepc0re
I´m looking for an chorus pedal. I don't want a digital one as I already have a bunch of digital effects.

Any recommendations?

1. Priority is the sound
2. Priotity is noise
3. Priority is price

so which one is the priority?
It's so very, very subjective. A chorus I love, you may hate. I think it's hard to go past an old Boss CE-2 - but you may hate that sound.
I know back in the day when the only chorus pedals you could buy were Boss and Ibanez (ie the early 80's,) the camps were pretty evenly divided between the two and they would argue bitterly about it.
"The Ibanez is noisy"
"Yeah, but the Boss sounds shit"
"No it doesn't the Ibby does."
"You're a poopy head."
"No you are."
"You are."
"You are."
And so on and so forth.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 10, 2014,
Ahhhh, the good old days.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
My favourite is the Electro-Harmonix Small Clone.

I've owned a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus and an MXR M134 Stereo Chorus, and tried a few others, to finally settle in the Small Clone in the end. Sounds much better to my ears.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
if you can find one DOD FX 65 chorus is awesome and they can be had fairly cheap on ebay. bought mine in the mid 80s and still use it.
BBE Mind Bender
Boss CH-1

I have a Mind Bender, it's absolutely fantastic. It took a ton of late night Youtube research to decide on it, but it was worth it in the end.

Disclaimer: I use it for washy, super spacey ambient sounds. If you're looking for traditional subtle chorus sounds, you may want to ignore my post.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 11, 2014,
Quote by NakedInTheRain
so which one is the priority?

LOL

Maybe he means those priorities were in order, though. i.e. first priority is the sound, etc. etc.

Quote by Cathbard
It's so very, very subjective. A chorus I love, you may hate. I think it's hard to go past an old Boss CE-2 - but you may hate that sound.

I haven't tried the original but I've liked the ce 2-based choruses I've tried. I think it's my favourite, too (out of what I've tried).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like my MXR Analog Chorus. Took some time to dial it in and stuff but it works nice in the FX loop.
EHX Small Clone
MXR Micro Chorus (this one is analog, right?)
Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus (I own two, should give you an idea how great I think it is)
Homebrew Electronics THC Chorus
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.