Hey guys hoping for some advice. My friends moving and wants to swap his big 75w Spider IV for my 15w Marshall MG15CDR and £60 ($100) on top should I do it?
If it was amp for amp, why not, but I would not spend a single penny over this trade. It's money you could keep to actually buy a nice amp.
Yeah, I would do it.

They both suck but the spyder sucks less, it's bigger, and you get money.

Edit: oooooh wait he would be the one getting the money!
Then don't do it.
Talk him to an amp only exchange.
Just show him some prices, a 75w spyder IV was more expensive than an MG15 and even more than an MG30 last time I checked.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Jul 10, 2014,
I dont think the spider is worth $100. I'd probably do it if it were amp for amp. Hold out and see if he'll go straight up. If you have to throw cash in, its not worth it imo. Save your money for a real amp
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Spambot_2
Yeah, I would do it.

They both suck but the spyder sucks less, it's bigger, and you get money.

I think he means he has to give his friend the money
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
**** someone spotted it before I edited!

Well I edited now anyway
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sell the MG for whatever he will give you and go buy a real amp. The Spider will be equally disappointing.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Spambot_2
**** someone spotted it before I edited!

Well I edited now anyway

Your comment (including the edit) was exactly what my thoughts were, and in the same order.

Came in to thread thinking "wow, awesome deal - crap amp for crap amp, but you get money".

Read through thread & realised title was misleading.

Left thread thinking "What you really need is a new amp."
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Line 6 4 ever

Get a peavey vyper.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline