Quote by Draiko
I have a Cort, but today i went to a guy who showed me elecrtic guitars and how it works and yeah... he convinced me electric is better.

Yeah no.
There's just so much wrong with that.
if he was trying to tell you that an electric guitar is "better," he's just desperate to sell his gear because that's obviously not true.

and Cort is a pretty decent brand, although not as popular as some of the more major brands. Sanchez??? I'm not sure.
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Quote by thelax
if he was trying to tell you that an electric guitar is "better," he's just desperate to sell his gear because that's obviously not true.

and Cort is a pretty decent brand, although not as popular as some of the more major brands. Sanchez??? I'm not sure.

Is the guitar dirty, by any chance?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Unless you are absolutely positively 100% unsure of whether you want to play electric guitar and want seriously dirt cheap equipment just to see if you'd like it, I wouldn't get this.

I'm assuming you're from South Africa, and trust me, go buy a Fender Squier. They go for around R1800 last time I checked, and I don't think I've ever seen a music store that doesn't have one in stock at any given time, so you can go try it out. It's solid, reliable, easy to setup and restring, easy to mod(if you ever want to), easy to maintain. I've heard and played 2 sanchez guitars and amps, and they were exceptionally horrible and barely playable to be honest...

If you need an amp on the cheap, maybe get a Roland Cube 20 or 30 or something, they're also very common. You can get it used for around R2000. Much more than you wanted to pay originally, but if you pay anything less your money would be better spent on beer
Sanchez? who are they?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
Sanchez? who are they?

Not sure myself...I can't seem to even find a website for them. There is one, but that company only makes spanish classical guitars so it's obviously not the same one. They make knockoffs with cheap wood and bad hardware.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Is the guitar dirty, by any chance?

Beat me to it!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks guys! Ill look into that Fender.
Last edited by Draiko at Jul 12, 2014,
Hi everyone,
Just a thought quickly. I just started to learn bass. I've had my share of acoustic and lead guitar. Best entry level "branded" bass I could find was around $300.

But I did not really want to splash out too much to give it a shot. So I went to a local "cheap" dealer, and I bought a Sanchez bass and mini amp for $110. Since I haven't played on a good bass, I must assume that this is not great quality. But I thought it was a hell of a deal for a beginner to practice on, and to be perfectly honest, it does not sound half bad. The guitar is sturdy, and it would be interesting to see where this goes, and what it would actually sound like when put together with some drums and another guitar.