I'm looking for brands/ websites that offer handmade customs that are unique and possibly can be sent a design for under $2000.
If you send in your own design, that's probably impossible with such a limited budget. But Carvin would easily be your first pick (and probably only option) for something relatively unique and under $2k.
http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshop/solidbody.php

Start there and build your own guitar! Should come out under $2k unless you are going for something super fancy.
Quote by ToneMasterDelux
I'm looking for brands/ websites that offer handmade customs that are unique and possibly can be sent a design for under $2000.

What, specifically, are you trying to accomplish?
Is it a "plank" guitar (flat on top and bottom)? Bolt neck? Odd scale?
Special paint, special materials, odd shape on body or headstock?
buy a neck you like, get a chunk of choice of wood, cut it, and bring it to a luthier for everything else.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Specifically I'm looking for unique hollow/ semi hollow bodies. I've looked at carving before but everything is pretty standard.

I have found several luthiers that offer guitars for under 2k and im pretty sure there are more but I want to shop around a bit.
Quote by ToneMasterDelux
Specifically I'm looking for unique hollow/ semi hollow bodies. I've looked at carving before but everything is pretty standard.

I have found several luthiers that offer guitars for under 2k and im pretty sure there are more but I want to shop around a bit.

let's wait for Danny, he has quite a few customs, and knows lots of builders
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Oh, what am I, some kinda freakin GENIE to appear whenever...

...hmmm...

I don't think I can win that one.

I have dealt with a few luthiers, but not everyone does semi or full hollow models. Check out HiTone, Rice, RockBeach, and Jon Kammerer- all do semihollow, chambered or hollowbody guitars. How much you pay depends a lot on materials, of course, and how customized you want it. I know RockBeach & Jon have standardized models starting under $2000, but full custom usually costs a bit more. Note, however, that Jon Kammerer is currently having a 30% off sale right now.

Of those, I can personally vouch for the RockBeach and Kammerer guitars- I own 6 JKGs and have my second RockBeach in the works. Rice and HiTone are high on my G.A.S. list. HiTone has a ridiculous 12-string hollowbody Teleclone that sounds fantastic...

In the UK, Stevens Custom Guitars does customs starting at £1000 as well, but they're all modeled on Telcaster bodies, last I checked.

A tip: I have found that many guitar sellers theses days are selling B-stocks, custom orders that the original buyer has stopped paying for, and other guitars at clearance prices. Recently saw one guy selling a £1700, I have found that many guitar sellers these days are selling B-stocks, custom orders that the original buyer has stopped paying for, and other guitars at clearance prices- I recently saw one guy selling a £1400 project the buyer couldn't complete purchase on for £500. So, when you hit a site, check their "clearance", "sales" etc, links.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 12, 2014,