Hi everyone, I am planning on buying a Fender Blues Jr. for my next amp, and I've been thinking about getting a small cab to have it better suited for larger gigs. Does anyone know what amps go along well with this amp?
1x12, 2x12, 4x12?? Have a look at Avatar cabs. Personally I prefer to mic the amp and run it through the PA rather than drag around a bunch of extra speakers. Unlimited volume and complete stage coverage.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 11, 2014,
I'll be honest, I have to agree: mic up where possible.

I appreciate there are gigs with no PA but you still need to move more air, but I've not been in that position myself with this particular amplifier.
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
by a small cab i'm guessing you mean a 1x12?

you'd want to check that adding a cabinet doesn't disconnect the internal speaker, otherwise there's no point in getting a 1x12 I don't have a blues junior, but i downloaded the manual from the fender site- it appears to only have the one speaker jack, so getting a 1x12 cabinet wouldn't work. if you use the external cab it'll disconnect the internal speaker, so instead of the 12" speaker in the amp, you'd be using the 12" speaker in the cab.

You'd need to get a 2x12 for it to be worthwhile... and that's going to be a lot to carry alongside the BJ combo. Might be easier to just get a head, and then maybe a 1x12 cab for smaller gigs and a 2x12 for larger ones. Assuming you can afford that and/or have room to store it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that's a fair point
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?