Hi,
I have fender cd-60ce (acoustic electric guitar) and I want to connect it to my computer. I have external sound-card.
I connect the guitar with cable to my computer in line-in port, and install several guitar programs: GTR 3, Guitar Rig 4, AmpliTube 3
I also install asio4all drivers.
when I turn it all on, it doesn't make sound ... what should I do now, what settings should I make in this programs and which one is the best ?
tnx
Step 1: Stop connecting directly to your computer.

Step 2: Go to the Recordings forum and read the stickies. All your questions will be answered.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I can record through a 1/4" phono-to-usb adaptor cable, direct to my sound editor, no problem. However, because I use usb speakers on the computer I have to physically disconnect those before I can use usb as a recording input. It took me a while to figure that out. Even if I used speakers that went to the audio out socket, I would still have a problem trying to use the computer as a real-time guitar amplifier with this cable because of latency problems. I haven't done any serious recording recently, but I used to use the mic input with a suitable preamp/buffer.
Quote by Tony Done
I can record through a 1/4" phono-to-usb adaptor cable, direct to my sound editor, no problem. However, because I use usb speakers on the computer I have to physically disconnect those before I can use usb as a recording input. It took me a while to figure that out. Even if I used speakers that went to the audio out socket, I would still have a problem trying to use the computer as a real-time guitar amplifier with this cable because of latency problems. I haven't done any serious recording recently, but I used to use the mic input with a suitable preamp/buffer.

Most O/S will only allow one USB audio device, as you have found out! The OEM soundcard in most computers has about $0.69 worth of componetns, and is made for A/D-D/A conversion and production of the 'beeps and boops', streaming video sound, etc. For good music production, you neeed a soundcard (or external audio interface) that is made for this.

Quote by CyberMKD
Hi,
I have fender cd-60ce (acoustic electric guitar) and I want to connect it to my computer. I have external sound-card.
I connect the guitar with cable to my computer in line-in port, and install several guitar programs: GTR 3, Guitar Rig 4, AmpliTube 3
when I turn it all on, it doesn't make sound ... what should I do now, what settings should I make in this programs and which one is the best ?
tnx

You haven't told us what 'external sound card' you are using, but make sure you have it selected as both your input and output device - monitors or headphones should be plugged into it.
My reverbnation page

2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73 Epi 6830E
72 Fender Telecaster
Epi Dot Studio
Epi LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e uke
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Quote by CyberMKD
Hi,
tnx

If you have an external sound card then why are you connecting you guitar to the line-in port on your computer. Are you using a 1/4" converter jack? Don't! Get a USB audio interface and also once you have decided on the amp modeling program you like best please buy it, it's the right thing to do.