Like every time you shave like you make it less likely that your kid will grow facial hair, but he will shave too anyway so like eventually we won't grow facial hair, just like how from centuries and centuries of wearing clothes we have no fur anymore

What will humans be like in thousands of years if we continue living in the same way we live?
will teenagers grow hands in there pants?
will eyebrows stop existing?
maybe we will grow more fingers so we can type faster and make more terrible threads?

what you guys thinks?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
just like how from centuries and centuries of wearing clothes we have no fur anymore
Ha ha ha
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
Like every time you shave like you make it less likely that your kid will grow facial hair

can this please happen? beards are gross

Based on the evidence in this thread, the French would devolve into a pre-cavemen species
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me

Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
just like how from centuries and centuries of wearing clothes we have no fur anymore

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
Like every time you shave like you make it less likely that your kid will grow facial hair, but he will shave too anyway so like eventually we won't grow facial hair, just like how from centuries and centuries of wearing clothes we have no fur anymore

What will humans be like in thousands of years if we continue living in the same way we live?
will teenagers grow hands in there pants?
will eyebrows stop existing?
maybe we will grow more fingers so we can type faster and make more terrible threads?

what you guys thinks?

That is not how evolution exists.
Look it up.
If everything we do affects evolution, then reading the OP just knocked about 30 points off my children's prospective IQs.

Any kids of mine would, naturally, have an IQ around 45 anyway
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
our lack of fur isn't from wearing clothes, it's from the Great Furry Massacre of 200 AD
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
our lack of fur isn't from wearing clothes, it's from the Great Furry Massacre of 200 AD

Or, as Axelfox would call it, the Persecutuion of a Misunderstood Minority Who Definitely Don't **** Animals.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
if such evolution in OP were true, then your kids would be unable to make good threads
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Nuclear winter is the only thing i can think of.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

this thread made my day earlier at work
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by macashmack
*snip*

why you always gotta talk about this garbage

also fak ur avatar

east666
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
why you always gotta talk about this garbage

also fak ur avatar

east666

rekt

My night is made. It was not yet ready to be made. It wasn't prepared. But this thread overcame the difficulties of putting a smile on my face. It makes me realize that I'm not the least educated dumbass with an internet connection.

It also hurts my brain. Slightly.
It's a hypothetical question nimrods.

We'd probably have a separate pair of eyes under our chins so that we can text without taking our eyes off the blackboard/road/whatever
I think we would become toxic, radioactive and fart exhaust fumes.
Also, I'm pretty sure one day they're gonna have a surgery that replaces your brain with an I-phone.
Then there will be no way to tell if someone is a cyborg or not.
Come to think of it...
I think life will just turn into an anime and we will all have powers and only the wealthiest will be able to afford dragon-balls.
But on the other Earth that will be built by the Americans, it will be the same but only with DC and Marvel comics as opposed to Anime.
But in Canada things probably wont be much different... Just more snow, trees, lakes and rocks.
Dude that's what the grays are maan. They are us from the future. Generations of using our fingers for everyday tech and they grow long, and we lose our thumbs. And our eyes grow from years of staring at screens.
Evolution is fascinating to me.

I was thinking the other day, from an evolutionary standpoint, shouldn't the food that's best for us taste best?
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY

i'd like to thank all the over educated pricks who posted condescending messages in my thread, instead of actually coming up with something funny.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
i'd like to thank all the over educated pricks who posted condescending messages in my thread, instead of actually coming up with something funny.

Well to take it more seriously, and maybe even realistically, we WILL be able to exercise influence on the function of our bodies. Eventually, technology will have advanced to the point where we can accurately simulate the human brain at full capacity. At that point, total conversion into androids or cyborgs wouldn't be that scientifically far-fetched as well.

Scientists call this event the 'singularity', where there's not much of a difference any longer between biology and what technology enables us to do. It's also the point from where technological development will skyrocket exponentially by an ever decreasing amount of time.

Keep in mind however, this is a prediction, not a certainty and not a guarantee. For all we know, this can take anywhere between 50 and 500 years. Or maybe in just 20 years, we don't know.

As for evolution however: maybe we can engineer our offspring to have certain features once we learn how to write DNA-code. Until then, it's just nature baby.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY

Having basic knowledge of evolution is in no way over-educated.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Tempoe
Evolution is fascinating to me.

I was thinking the other day, from an evolutionary standpoint, shouldn't the food that's best for us taste best?

that's not quite how it works. Remember that evolution doesn't necessarily result in the optimal outcome, it just results in an outcome that is good enough to survive

also, it is very unlikely that we lost our fur because we started to wear clothes. We are actually not quite sure how we did lose it though
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Jul 12, 2014,
Quote by BladeSlinger
Having basic knowledge of evolution is in no way over-educated.

question of opinion.

you missed out on the original trolling it seems, but i'l be sure to remember that you wish to belong to this group of condescending pricks
Quote by WantsLesPaul
As a serious response to TS' hypothetical situation, on a minor scale this is something that actually happens.

What happens during our lifetime can influence the activity of certain parts of our genetic material, which can ultimately lead to the presence or absence of certain traits. When one of these genes is inactive in a parent, the kid will inherit the gene in its inactive state. Essentially this means that our lifestyle influences the state in which our genetic material is inherited by our children.

Ofcourse these are small changes that will not result in an extra pair of eyes or complex things like that, but it can have quite an influence in certain situations. A good example is a case studied in a small village in Norway, where during WW2 the population of the village had suffered from a famine. A few decades later, it turned out that the children of those who had gone through the famine all had a tendency to store much more body fat than an average person. Basically, because their parents experienced a famine, their bodies were genetically programmed to prepare for long periods without food.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY

To be fair, the condescension in regards to your misrepresentation of evolution was funny.
Quote by archangels
To be fair, the condescension in regards to your misrepresentation of evolution was funny.

I agree. Thread was much better because of it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls