whats the neck like on the soloist?, is it anything like the dean vmnt?. most comfortable neck i ever played was the dean mustaine vmnt. and im wondering if the jackson soloist has a similar neck, im looking to get either the jackson soloist second hand for 1600 euros, thats with 500 in shipping.... or the horizon for around 1600 euros brand new. i have played the horizon neck and it was nice, but it was rounder on the back.
The neck on the soloist is more D-shaped and rather flat. Not quite as flat as an Ibanez Wizard, but getting there.

I'd honestly buy the Soloist, but I'm biased because Jacksons are cooler than ESP's.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 12, 2014,
500 shipping?!?!?!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
500 shipping?!?!?!

60ish in shipping and around 450 in import duties... theyre like 2500-3000 euros new here
Quote by megadethmeister
60ish in shipping and around 450 in import duties... theyre like 2500-3000 euros new here

Man, fuck import tax.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by megadethmeister

Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense I thought you meant 500 for the shipping alone. Imagine the VAT and duty on that...

I'd say the big problem in buying something used from so far away is that you have little or no comeback if anything goes wrong.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Horizon. Cause ESP
One of my favourite necks is on the horizon.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I'm a big Jackson fan, so I'm always inclined to fall on that side. But I would be a bit wary about importing a used instrument. Even if it's from a big seller with a good returns policy, it's still a long and complicated shipping route if something goes wrong.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
I'm a big Jackson fan, so I'm always inclined to fall on that side. But I would be a bit wary about importing a used instrument. Even if it's from a big seller with a good returns policy, it's still a long and complicated shipping route if something goes wrong.

yeah that was my feeling. if they were both new, i'd err on the side of the jackson.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?