Ok, so I love the EC1000 when I played it in store, but I'm wondering if getting the CTM version makes any difference? The CTM is basically a fullbody LP version with no cutaways and 22XJ frets vs. 24XJ frets. I haven't had a chance to play it, but would the extra 100 dollars for CTM warrant it over the standard model? Also, would upper fret access be hindered by not having the cutaway?

EC1000 Standard
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/2/8/8/2/288286/pics/_c767314_image_0.jpg

EC1000CTM
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww110/the_FRiNgE/ESP%20Guitars/EC1000CTM3.jpg
Last edited by -Lateralus- at Jul 12, 2014,
To me the difference is minimal, depending on whether you want 22 or 24 frets. The cutaway on the standard allows for access to the higher frets, which is not needed on the 22. I have not played the CTM though. If you can justify the cost and it makes sense to you get which one you think "feels" better.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
This is no help, but that's really one of those questions which only you can answer, since it's so personal- what annoys one person might not annoy another and vice-versa. I'd assume the quality level is identical, or at least very similar (though I haven't tried both, either), so it's probably going to boil down to which one you prefer. On the one hand that means you can't go too far wrong from an objective quality point of view, but that's not to say you can't go wrong from a personal preference point of view, plus it also means we can't really help all that much...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
This is no help, but that's really one of those questions which only you can answer, since it's so personal- what annoys one person might not annoy another and vice-versa. I'd assume the quality level is identical, or at least very similar (though I haven't tried both, either), so it's probably going to boil down to which one you prefer. On the one hand that means you can't go too far wrong from an objective quality point of view, but that's not to say you can't go wrong from a personal preference point of view, plus it also means we can't really help all that much...

Yea, I went ahead and went with the cheaper one. I also like the fact that it is a bit smaller on the body since I'm shorter in stature and like the 24 frets for better access. Plus I saved a hundred bucks and got the guitar for 580, which is a steal for an EC1000 Maple fretboard.
Yeah. If you really can't decide and are genuinely 50:50 on it, going with the cheaper one is as good a plan as any.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by -Lateralus-
I also like the fact that it is a bit smaller on the body (...)

Wait, how often are the bodies smaller?

I mean, for example, the body of a PRS Custom 24 is smaller than the body of a PRS Custom 22?
I always assumed that the 2 extra frets simply implied adjustments to the pickup and bridge placement on the body, and that the bodies were exactly the same for 22 and 24-fret guitars of the same model.

To TS: congratulations on your acquisiton, HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Personally, there's something about maple fretboards that I never liked. I think I might have to make an exception with yours though. I've never seen an Eclipse with a maple fretboard, and it looks awesome. Great find.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
Quote by Linkerman

I mean, for example, the body of a PRS Custom 24 is smaller than the body of a PRS Custom 22?
I always assumed that the 2 extra frets simply implied adjustments to the pickup and bridge placement on the body, and that the bodies were exactly the same for 22 and 24-fret guitars of the same model.

The body size difference is just a specification of this peculiar model (the CTM has a thicker body), it isn't relational to the number of frets.
Quote by samjbow
The body size difference is just a specification of this peculiar model (the CTM has a thicker body), it isn't relational to the number of frets.

Oh, so my assumption was correct. Thank you for the information!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I've been looking at the EC models, I have a MH1000 at the moment, but want a les paul style. How do you mean the CTM has no cutaway, I can't see a difference apart from the two less frets?
Quote by Linkerman

The CTM version has 22 frets while the standard version has 24 frets. Both are the same scale fretboard though.

Quote by conanwarrior
I've been looking at the EC models, I have a MH1000 at the moment, but want a les paul style. How do you mean the CTM has no cutaway, I can't see a difference apart from the two less frets?

Look up pics of the CTM body and you'll see it has no cutaways on the back. On the standard one, there are cutaways where it would rest on your leg and on the back of the horn. The CTM is more true to an actual LP body style and has double binding and weighs a bit more.

Check these pics out. The first is the CTM. The second is the standard version.

http://c1.zzounds.com/media/fit,2018by3200/quality,85/4_Full_Straight_Back_NA-acc13f8b6991aa279363d67274ecd114.jpg

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/2/8/8/2/288286/pics/_c767314_image_0.jpg

Here's a vid of the CTM too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bplvPxM4X0

Standard version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPVqD34Yd7M
Last edited by -Lateralus- at Jul 14, 2014,
Thanks man, I understand now. Having not played either, which do you find more comfortable?