I know there are a couple thousand odd entries asking about 'which amp for x' but I've read through them and can't seem to find any definite for me. I'm looking for a practice amp that is almost purely just going to be used for practice. Mind/blown.

Volume isn't an issue but clarity is - actually want to hear the mistakes I'm making in my technique etc. rather than drown it out with fuzz. I'm a blues player and I love my cleans - but I also love getting some serious distortion going when I'm in the mood.

Any suggestions are welcome, as I live in the UK I'll probably have to look up each amp to see how much I get boned by import taxes. Gotta love this country.

Budget - 70GBP - 120GBP. 120USD-200USD.

(Cheaper the better, this ain't for gigs. Musicians' woes man.)

,\,,/
two options really- you can either go the minimodeller route (vox mini3 would be my pick, though i haven't tried the peavey mini vypyr or fender mini mustang), or one of the cheap single ended valve amps might even be worth considering if you only want blues tones, since they tend to do those tones pretty well. a fame tube 5 on musicstore would work (I wasn't too fussed on musicstore, though, it must be said) assuming you like fendery tones.

the modeller will have a lot more tones available and a lot more bells and whistles (fx etc.), whereas the tube amp will be pretty barebones but might do that one tone you want better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's a good point, if it's only practising you don't actually necessarily need or want an amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks. Narrowed it down to either a Line 6 pod or a Vox Mini 3 - they both do exactly what I want them to, in different ways. Obv. with the mini 3 I'd actually get an amp, but that ain't a major selling point.

Don't want to be that guy who just wants people to snowball him when they've answered the question but I do hate paying 80 quid on something I'll probably end up keeping for years. How's the distortion on the Vox 3, if you've had personal experience?

Cheers.
Not bad, considering how small it is etc. And also depending on each amp model, since some of the amp models are better than others. The vox amp models are pretty good, the fender tweed one is pretty rubbish and the mesa one is pretty fizzy/scooped (not fussed). The soldano one isn't bad, the modern marshall one i prefer to the mesa for modern distortion, and the classic marshall ones aren't bad.

That's from memory I haven't actually played it for a while. If you tell me which types of distortion you want I can try it, it's sitting beside me. However, I have the older version, so if you're looking at the G2 it's debatable how much help I'll be (I haven't tried the G2).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check out the Zoom G3 too, it has a built-in looper and drum beat metronome.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
(note, i hate to be this person)

how long would it take to increase your budget to say $300USD?

i think a peavey classic 30 would be wonderful for you ($250-$275)

but if you can't go up, i understand everybody has a budget. the main thing that would better is it would be more of a permanent thing, they are good for bedroom volume, and if you gig it is gig-worthy IMO

good luck
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ classic 30s are kind of dear here. laney vc30 might be worth considering as a similar idea, though, used laneys are pretty cheap here I think.

but yeah if you can't stretch, no worries at all.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
One of those Yamaha THR's might be worth looking into as well. Or an Orange Micro Terror, maybe?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ classic 30s are kind of dear here. laney vc30 might be worth considering as a similar idea, though, used laneys are pretty cheap here I think.

but yeah if you can't stretch, no worries at all.

its hard to remember what is where and what isn't... lol.

all i know is not to suggest a mesa to an Australian.....
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ LOL yeah it's hard enough to keep track of prices in your own country, let alone worldwide. I normally don't post too much in the US threads since I'm scared of making silly suggestions
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?