I picked up a epiphone prophecy les paul ex with 81/85 emgs, i want to change them out for a different pair of emgs and was wondering what you guys would recommend for heavy blues, classic rock and 80s rock/metal. Im looking at the james hetfield set but i cant any clips of them playing blues and classic rock. What do you guys suggest?
Emg 57/66

Not that it would make any difference if your amp sucks of course. What is your amp?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 12, 2014,
Yeah the 57/66 would be pretty good.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
^ That might well be worth trying before spending money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?