Hey I am looking to buy a new guitar, preferably Ibanez but I'm open to suggestions. The two I am looking at are the S series ($600) S670QM , and the RG series ($500) RG470FM which one of these is better? Or is there a better guitar for this price range?

Mainly I am going for standard E tuning, with occasional drop D tuning, and even more rarely drop C tuning. Color is not a huge issue for me but I would like for it to be red or blue. And I am buying new, not used. Thanks for your help.
Last edited by codywademarsh at Jul 12, 2014,
Pretty much the same guitar, just different shaped and wood bodies.
Personally they could both do with a pickup swap like most ibanez guitars. Just depends which you like the feel of more.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by jon_six
check out Ibanez QMZ 920 premium. i actually sold an awesome one at guitar center. its in the used section.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-Used--Ibanez--RG920QM-RG-Premium--Blue-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-110223875-i3834942.gc

i promise you you'll love it if you like ibanez. originally like $1000

I second this option. I have one and I'm not putting it down for anything less than a Prestige 3xxx.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone