Hello. Please see the included photo. It is of a practice amp and a pedal. The pedal is an old one I found lying around. They may call it a fuzz box or something. Basically, when I am practicing, I would like to be able to switch between clean and distortion. However, I don't want to buy anything else. Moreover, I don't want the "fuzz box" to override the settings on my amp. Another issue is that the amp has only one input and the fuzz box doesn't have an input. Therefore, unless you can use a splitter or something, I don't even see a way to plug both the fuzz box and my guitar into the amp. Thanks for the help.

look at the back of the amp and see if there is a footswitch jack, which I highly doubt there is.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
No. There aren't any switches/jacks. Is it time to sell this little fuzz box? If so, what do you call it and how much should I ask for? $5?
It is a 2 button Marshall foot-switch with a TRS jack.
Here is the same footswitch, the buttons are labled differently, but it is the same functionaly. and they want $68 www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/marshall-footswitch-for-mgdfx-amps

But you can get the same pedal (minus the marshall name) for $20
www.amazon.com/AmplifiedParts-P-H471-Marshall-Footswitch-Button/dp/B003OYOXDO/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1405201694&sr=1-4&keywords=marshall+footswitch

If you ask $20 you should be able to sell it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, it says Marhall on it. It has two buttons. One is called "Clean: Crunch". The other is called "Overdrive." I don't even know if you can use this in conjunction with an amp that has distortion and all the other effects or if it is something for people with PA systems to have distortion. Thanks for the help.
Its really just a foot-switch to change channels on a multi-channel amp and to turn on or off an effect like reverb, tremolo or overdrive (in this case) if the amp supports it.
If the amp itself has a switch to engage or dis-engage a function via a switch (on the front panel or on the back of the amp) you can use that pedal at activate or de-activate those functions, if the amp itself supports it.
As opposed to reaching down and toggling the switch with your finger, you can do it with your foot.
Clean/Crunch is the channel changing part of it.
The Overdrive is the effect part of it.
Quote by CodeMonk
Its really just a foot-switch to change channels on a multi-channel amp and to turn on or off an effect like reverb, tremolo or overdrive (in this case) if the amp supports it.
If the amp itself has a switch to engage or dis-engage a function via a switch (on the front panel or on the back of the amp) you can use that pedal at activate or de-activate those functions, if the amp itself supports it.
As opposed to reaching down and toggling the switch with your finger, you can do it with your foot.
Clean/Crunch is the channel changing part of it.
The Overdrive is the effect part of it.

Thanks. As you can see from the amp in the picture, there is no jack for this kind of pedal. Indeed, the only jack is the one you see in the picture, which says "Input" under it. So, is this pedal useless with the Marshall practice amp pictured above?

Also, could I use the footswitch above with my Vox ToneLab? See the picture below. All I reall see is an input jack on the front and tow output hacks on the back. There is a jack called "Vox Bus" but, as you can see, it doesn't look like it takes a 1/4" plug like I have on the Marshall footswitch.