So guys, just been offered a Marshall ATV cab for my Gibson V.

What are some of the trades you've been offered where you would have ripped someone off or Visa Versa?

Any success stories?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
never put anything up for trade, but LOL
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I once exchanged a copy of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg for a copy of Mario Party 6 + the included mic.

Hell of a deal if ya ask me, that mario party was worth twice the money and I had a whole lot of fun with it, alone and with lots of friends of mine.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Are you gonna accept the trade? (tehehe)

I once traded a Vox Vt100 for an Egnater Rebel 20.
Years ago my high school bandmate traded a spiffy new Squire Strat to some dumbass kid for a '70's Gibson LP Studio. The kid said he found it in his attic and thought the strat looked cooler. I'm not so sure his parents agreed once they found out.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
have done a couple of trades through Craigslist and let me tell you some of the offers were laughably bad. had a US made Hamer Diablo with a custom order only maple fingerboard. was offered a Squier affinity for it cuz ya know I said I was looking for a Strat. dude was rather incensed when I said no. after a few offers like that (and 3 listoings over a 4 month period I traded for an 89 Stratocaster Plus deluxe. seems that no matter how specific you are people are gonna be stupid or assume you are.
Quote by lucky1978
Are you gonna accept the trade? (tehehe)

I once traded a Vox Vt100 for an Egnater Rebel 20.
Years ago my high school bandmate traded a spiffy new Squire Strat to some dumbass kid for a '70's Gibson LP Studio. The kid said he found it in his attic and thought the strat looked cooler. I'm not so sure his parents agreed once they found out.

Weren't you also offered a 6505 for free by a troll?
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
I traded my dad's old 74 ford pickup for a 2007 Gibson Flying V...
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1553313

Unfortunately I had to sell that V about 2 months after I got it for moving expenses
Was a bummer but at least I didn't really have enough time to bond with it.
Quote by Archer250
Weren't you also offered a 6505 for free by a troll?

Haha, yeah, still waiting. But you know how slow shipping companies are, I'm sure it'll be here any day now.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I've been offered a Squier Bullet strat for my Ibanez once by some kid when I brought my guitar into the shop to have the pickups swapped.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I gotten a load of worthless offers. A Line 6 spider and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard for my Mesa Lone Star head, 2 Epiphones (a Dot and one of the full hollows) for my Gibson LP Traditional, a Squier Bass VI for my Mobius and Timeline, ...

Lots of stupid people around here.
I had a Fender MIM Squier Series Tele (which is NOT a Squier, btw) with SD Hot Rails. All in all the guitar was worth about $300. At the time I wanted to trade it for an Iceman. Well, I got that offer. Some guy wanted to trade me his MiKro Iceman for my Tele, saying "You won't find another Iceman for your cheap Chinese Tele."

Uhhh...... wut...

Eventually I sold it for $250 and a 2 slices of pizza (the guy worked at a pizza joint and I met him there).
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I've been offered a trade for my shiny Kyogre with a Bidoof.

Wait, we're talking about gear...
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Last edited by Archer250 at Jul 13, 2014,
Quote by Archer250
I've been offered a trade for my shiny Kyogre with a Bidoof.

Wait, we're talking about gear...

Yeah someone offered me a Rotom for my shiny Ditto. I was like, no.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
The best trade I have been offered was a PRS s2 custom 24 for a Fernandez revolver that cost me $400 new. It didn't take me long to accept that trade. The worst were when I put a Gibson les Paul standard up on Kijiji I got offered a few horrible trades like a ibanez rg.
I can't even list all the dumbass offers I've received over the years. I did see my buddy buy a lot of drum equipment at a local thrift store, a vintage slingerland set a bunch of cymbals I think he said were from before ziljian was ziljian and all original hardware for $50. The guys at the counter were making fun of him the whole time he was walking it all out to his truck. He was laughing his ass off when he sold the lot for a total of $2000 within three days.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by mhanbury2
The best trade I have been offered was a PRS s2 custom 24 for a Fernandez revolver that cost me $400 new. It didn't take me long to accept that trade. The worst were when I put a Gibson les Paul standard up on Kijiji I got offered a few horrible trades like a ibanez rg.

Hey, if it was a JCRG or USARG, then there's no reason not to go for it.
Gear:
Quote by Archer250
Hey, if it was a JCRG or USARG, then there's no reason not to go for it.

It was a 321 there worth about $300 new, I remember because I had the same model for a while. And because he started getting angry when I ignored his first 2 emails. I remember getting a lot of really bad offers for that guitar. Its also the most exspensive guitar iv sold so makes sense I got some of the worst offers iv seen on it.