I've had my Schecter tempest custom for a while with the Duncan Designed Stock pickups, and I was wondering what are some good options. I know little about pickups, so help would be useful.

I don't really care for metal, so if any pickups are geared or work well under those sounds, I'm not really interested. I'd also like it to function well with the coil-tap feature.

Bands/artist whose guitar sounds I'm I really enjoy are La Vida Boheme, Jack White(most of his work minus the dead weather), Radiohead(especially the bends), Queen, RHCP, Them Crooked Vultures, etc. If I had to choose genres to focus, mostly just garage rock and alternative, but I'll take take any versatile pickup suggestions as well.
what's your budget and location (country)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

As far as budget goes, nothing too extreme. An absolute limit would be maybe $150. Try to keep it $100 or under, though.
Last edited by stephan.jimenez at Jul 12, 2014,
No worries, thanks

If you can get up to $150 most of the standard duncan and dimarzio models are a possibility.

you can save a little by getting one of the duncan sets- the hot rodded humbucker set (JB and Jazz), distortion mayhem (distortions) and vintage blues (two '59s) are all $130 on MF. I don't much play what you do (I asked that question as I figured people couldn't help without knowing), but I'm guessing you could probably discard the distortion mayhem set.

There are cheaper option too from the likes of entwistle, tonerider, irongear, GFS etc. but I don't have any experience with them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?