Hello, I already know I am terrible at guitar. Now that is out of the way.

This is experimental research for me doing this trouble rather than being unable to do anything without tabs. I'm sure this will greatly help me WRITE my own songs instead of just playing what others have already created.

I'm trying to convert scales to chords.

So I already hear the main scale used in the song, so I just take 1 note from that scale and pair it with another note an octave higher to create a song.

Here is the test song. I don't care if you don't like the band (I would probably be slayed in the music off topic forum).

test
Start practicing technique, and THEN start advancing to this stuff
^^^+1

You really need some practice mate - it's hard to pick out a single note that is clean and in time in the entire video you posted. As Atrloc above, you should focus on technique before going elsewhere. As it stands I'm unsure if you could play any song, regardless of whether you wrote it or someone else.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by dietermoreno
Hello, I already know I am terrible at guitar. Now that is out of the way.

This is experimental research for me doing this trouble rather than being unable to do anything without tabs. I'm sure this will greatly help me WRITE my own songs instead of just playing what others have already created.

I'm trying to convert scales to chords.

So I already hear the main scale used in the song, so I just take 1 note from that scale and pair it with another note an octave higher to create a song.

Here is the test song. I don't care if you don't like the band (I would probably be slayed in the music off topic forum).

test

I don't think you're terrible. You have a good sense of time, and that tells me you have poential. Are you pro, no...

But you didn't post asking about that or to have your playing critiqued.

There are lots of ways to convert scales to chords, but not all of them sound good. Thats what you have to decide. Do you want to sound good?

I could take a C minor scale. The notes are C D Eb F G Ab Bb and C or make it C Harmonic minor, and more metal sounding

But for this, lets go the other way. C minor it is.

I can take all these notes, C D and Ab and play them in some strange order of "chord" thing.

I guess we could call it a Cadd9b13 (no 3rd no 5th)?

But whatever we call it, it probably sucks to hear played, you're welcome to try it though.

I think its better to understand what makes a real chord and what makes it work, and when things sound good, why do they.

Or, if that's too conventional, you can just grab notes at random from the scale and throw clusters of them together and see if your new music ultimately holds any meaning for you, or others who might hear it.

Best,

Sean
^^^ And that folks is why Sean is a guitar teacher, and I am not
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud