Hi everyone,

I started teaching myself guitar about a couple months ago, and I've had some trouble learning this technique mainly because...well...I have no idea what its called!

Basically all it is is just sliding some sort of chord shape from the lowest fret to the top to build momentum and song dynamic before entering a chorus (usually after the pre-chorus, right before the chorus, and after some scratching).

I know that might've been confusing, its probably better to show what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PhFhk9W8E @ 1:39 and again @ 3:08


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfGe3NACYTg @ 0:39

I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time and I'd LOVE it if someone could tell me that its called or point me in the right direction

I think they're just sliding up or sliding down the low E string. Doesn't sound like they're actually sliding the whole chord up. "slide up to an indefinite point" or "slide down to an indefinite point" would be the technical term for it lol.